Promote energy efficiency with your students in mind
Keep costs under control with energy management
As you focus on key priorities like hiring the right teachers, serving students and maintaining your campus, our energy efficiency programs, products and partners can help you make energy-efficiency improvements to reduce your annual operating costs.
Our school programs and key products can:
- Assist facilities with stretching maintenance dollars by providing incentives and rebates
- Increase learning environment comfort for students while decreasing energy use
- Help run more energy-efficient campuses
- Increase safety with installed LED exterior lighting and controls
We also have resources to help your public school take full advantage of Prop 39 funds. Visit Gain energy efficiency through Prop 39 funds.
Discover college and university programs
Following are college and university programs and resources:
This statewide partnership program provides financial incentives and project support for energy efficiency improvements.
This statewide program establishes a permanent framework to achieve immediate, sustainable, long-term energy savings and peak demand reduction.
Get tips to help your campus reduce costs through energy efficiency
Follow these tips for greater energy efficiency:
- Light and cool only occupied spaces. Use sensors and time switches to help reduce energy use in infrequently inhabited rooms, such as auditoriums and break rooms.
- Optimize your energy management system to reflect usage, changing weather and peak electric situations.
- Replace older lighting systems with higher efficacy lighting choices that have dimming capability for energy savings and safety.
- Shut down all electronics nightly including computers, speakers, printers, and charging stations.
- Visit Are Energy Vampires Sucking You Dry?
- Explore our energy efficiency tips and instructions. Visit Tips and How-To's.
Find the right solutions for any campus
Following are solutions for energy efficiency on any campus:
- Accent and directional lighting for buildings and landscaping
- Exterior area lighting for parking lots and walkways
- Troffers and integrated troffer retrofit kits for offices and classroom lighting
- Commercial fryers and griddles
- Commercial ovens (rack, conveyor and convection)
- Commercial steam cookers and combination ovens and steamers
- Low-flow pre-rinse spray valves
- Ice machines
Get financing up to $100,000 when you upgrade to new, energy-efficient equipment for your business through our Energy Efficiency Financing Program.