Learn how PG&E supports energy efficiency for a sustainable future
Take advantage of our experience with biotech companies
Discover new ways to save energy and free up resources to meet your forward-looking sustainability goals and business improvements. Take advantage of our proven experience in helping biotech companies just like yours.
Learn about program and product benefits
Energy efficiency programs and products can help you:
- Overcome the technical constraints of research and manufacturing
- Decrease energy costs and reduce maintenance fees to free up resources
- Identify opportunities for new energy efficiency equipment
When you implement major process-oriented and other energy-efficiency upgrades that reduce your energy usage, operations and maintenance costs, you may qualify for cash incentives. Learn more about the program, which is generally limited to manufacturing facilities.
Capture and sustain energy savings through measures that require little to no capital investment. Learn more about the program
The biotech industry has unique energy challenges and requirements for operating labs, fume hoods, cleanrooms and complete campus facilities. That’s why PG&E offers a variety of incentives to help biotech firms save energy and money. Learn more about our incentives.
Get information on our LED lighting solutions, including:
- Accent and directional lighting
- Troffers and Integrated Troffers retrofit kits
- High/low bay lighting and advanced lighting control systems
Add a controller to your refrigerated vending machine to save energy during off-work hours.
Read success stories
Find out how PG&E engineers and design consultants use their expertise and understanding of Food and Drug Administration-Good Manufacturing Practices (FDA-GMP) to create effective energy management solutions for the biotech industry:
Conserve energy every day
Think strategically about your energy use. Creating an energy-conscious work environment is important to the biotech industry:
- Educate technicians to keep fume hood sashes closed when they’re not in use. Consider installing variable-air-volume fume hoods.
- Install low pressure-drop air delivery systems to reduce air changes per hour while maintaining safety codes and guidelines.
- Install an air-flow setback in your lab to save energy when it’s not in use.
Explore additional information. Visit Tips and How-To’s.