Upgrade your linear fluorescent lighting and save
Earn rebates and save energy
Today’s high-performance T5 and T8 linear fluorescent fixtures with electronic ballasts last longer, produce better quality light and are far more energy efficient than older ones. They also improve visibility and create brighter interior spaces.
Save energy and improve your interior spaces
The benefits of using today’s fluorescents as new installations or retrofitting older T8 and T12 fixtures include:
- Saving 20 percent to 40 percent on energy usage when retrofitting T8 and T12 fixtures
- Reducing glare and increasing visibility due to improved lens design
- Using them in combination with other fluorescent lighting-based measures, such as low ambient/task lighting, delamping configurations and occupancy sensors for more energy savings
- Lowering cooling costs because today’s fluorescents generate far less heat than older lamps and fixtures
Choose the right high-performance fluorescents
Adding high-performance T5 or T8 linear fluorescent fixtures or easy-to-install retrofit kits with advanced optical design and high-efficiency ballasts is a low-cost way to improve lighting. And the combination of lower energy costs and PG&E rebates can result in an average three-year return on your investment.
Learn about replacement fixtures and retrofit requirements
To optimize your savings, use these guidelines and purchase fixtures and retrofit kits with these features:
- Advanced optical design that includes non-planar lens, such as architectural and louvered designs
- Fixture efficiency to meet or exceed 80 percent
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) qualified four-foot T8 lamps or two-foot T8/T5 lamps with at least 20,000- hour-rated life and a Color Rendering Index (CRI) that meets or exceeds 82
- National Electrical Manufacturers’ Association (NEMA) Premium or CEE qualified T8 or T5 ballasts
- Fixtures measuring either 2 x 4 feet or 2 x 2 feet and containing one to two lamps
Save with T8 lamp replacement rebates
Save up to 20 percent on your energy costs by replacing 32-watt T8 linear fluorescents with today’s low-wattage T8 lamps. These lamps easily replace existing four-foot T8 lamps, and if you have instant-start ballasts, you’ll start saving energy immediately.
28-watt four-foot T8 lamps
28-watt four-foot T8 fluorescent, used in place of F32T8
$1 per lamp
25-watt four-foot T8 lamps
25-watt four-foot T8 fluorescent, used in place of F32T8
$1.50 per lamp
Find out if you’re eligible for a rebate
To be eligible for a rebate, you must be a PG&E business customer with electric service. Rebates cannot be combined with rebates from other catalog measures or programs. Review all eligibility and product requirements.
Download the Lighting Rebate Catalog (PDF, 1.5 MB).
Find a list of rebates matched to your business. Download Lighting Rebate Catalog (PDF, 1.5 MB).
Learn more about statewide building energy code compliance changes.
Contact your local PG&E Account Representative or call our Business Customer Service Center at 1-800-468-4743 anytime you have a question about lighting or a lighting rebate.