Discover the Electric Program Investment Charge Program
Get details on the projects
The California Electric Program Investment Charge (EPIC) enables PG&E and the other California Investor-Owned Utilities and the California Energy Commission (CEC) to develop Smart Grid technology demonstration and deployment projects. In 2012, we proposed a plan to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to use $49 million to fund 26 electricity projects.
Project initiatives include:
- Demonstrate real-time data integration and visualization for distributed energy resources.
- Evaluate benefits and use cases of a single-interface software platform.
- Provide single-interface software as a tool for distribution operators and engineers/power quality end users.
- Test visualization tools and alarms.
- Provide information for a future technology roadmap for the Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS) platform.
EPIC 1 featured projects
Following are EPIC 1 featured projects:
- Distributed Series Reactor (DSR). Visit EPIC Project: Distributed Series Reactor (DSR).
- Grid Operations Situational Intelligence (GOSI). Visit EPIC Project: Grid Operations Situational Intelligence (GOSI).
- DC Fast Charging Mapping. Visit EPIC Project: DC Fast Charging.
Estimated timeline for triennial EPIC investment plans