Support for our customers
As part of our commitment to helping communities impacted by the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have outlined a series of billing and service modifications to support customers.
- Flexible Payment Plans: We understand that many of our customers are facing severe economic challenges because of this crisis. In consideration of this, we are offering flexible payment plans to support you during these difficult times.
- Suspend service disconnections for non-payment and waive deposit requirements. PG&E will be suspending disconnections for nonpayment for all residential and small business customers and will remain in effect until further notice.
- Suspend Medical Baseline Removals: Customers on the Medical Baseline program will not be asked to re-certify through a doctor or other eligible medical professionals for up to one year.
Financial assistance support
For customers that qualify, we offer additional support designed to help you save money on bills:
- California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program – Qualified households can save 20 percent or more each month on their energy bill.
- Relief for Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH) – Provides income qualified customers with financial assistance during times of hardship. Customers impacted by the COVID-19 will be provided with up to an additional $100 in bill payment assistance through March 4, 2021.
- Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) Program- Separate from CARE, income-qualified households with three or more persons can apply for a monthly discount on their electric bill.
- Medical Baseline –Residential customers who have special energy needs due to certain qualifying medical conditions can receive a lower rate on monthly energy bills.
We're here to help
If you are experiencing financial hardships and have trouble paying your bill due to the economic impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we can help, please call 1-800-743-5000.