- Ask Dr. Mary
- Employee Assistance Program and Mental Health Resources
- CDC and WHO Guidance and Information
All-Coworker calls - Replay (Digest): Links to re-watch the morning or the afternoon COVID-19 Panel Drop-In Q&A sessions for coworkers not able to attend last week can be found here:
Ask Dr. Mary Series
We know many of our employees have questions and concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we’ve created an informational video series with our Medical Director, Dr. Mary McDaniel, called Ask Dr. Mary. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4/9/2021 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss face coverings, how to wear them and how effective each is in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- 4/5/2021 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the different options for vaccines options, best practices after becoming fully vaccinated and how the new COVID-19 strains will impact the vaccinated population.
- 4/5/2021 David Kligman joins Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi to discuss how he convinced his mother-in-law to get a COVID-19 vaccine, how he scheduled an appointment and what the vaccination process was like.
Ask Dr. Mary Series
- 2/17/2021 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the COVID-19 vaccine, how to know when you’re eligible and what getting vaccinated looks like. Dr. Mary also takes us with her to watch her get her first dose.
- 2/12/2021 Testing positive for COVID-19 can be an unexpected and scary experience. Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss what steps to take if you test positive for COVID-19.
- 2/5/2021 Many people have experienced long lasting symptoms of COVID-19 after they are expected to have recovered. Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss what these symptoms are and review COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- 1/7/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the COVID-19 mutations, what to expect of these new strains and how this will impact the vaccines.
- 12/18/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the new COVID-19 vaccines, safety information and when people can expect to receive them.
- 11/23/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the risks of in-person holiday gatherings and ways to keep you and your family safe.
- 11/04/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi talk with the Navas family about their experience recovering from COVID-19 and advice they have for others during the pandemic.
- 11/04/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi talk with the Navas family about their experience contracting COVID-19.
- 10/21/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how to stay safe during this upcoming flu and cold seasons as the COVID-19 pandemic continues and how to tell the symptoms apart.
- 9/9/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss personal behaviors and coronavirus etiquette.
- 9/9/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss appropriate and effective mask etiquette during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 9/9/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss air conditioning, circulation and asymptomatic transmission.
- 8/21/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how employees should prepare for wildfire smoke, both at home and in the field.
- 8/13/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss neck-gaiters and a new study from Duke University on their effectiveness.
- 7/28/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how COVID-19 spreads and scenarios that could have led to recent spike in cases.
- 7/28/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss updated new symptoms and risk factors for COVID-19, oxygen and CO2 levels with masks and more.
- 7/28/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the development of a COVID-19 vaccine, what to do if you experience symptoms and more.
- 7/15/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the updated PG&E travel policy and general travel safety reminders.
- 7/15/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss the PG&E face coverings policy and safety reminders for the summer months, including using lighter weight face coverings, staying hydrated and more.
- 6/25/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss reopening, including the importance of continuing social distancing measures, wearing face coverings, the rise in new COVID-19 cases and elevator safety.
- 6/25/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how to manage and prevent musculoskeletal disorders and repetitive strain injuries while working from home, including using PG&E’s At-Home Ergonomic Evaluation tool and the Nurse Care Line.
- 6/25/2020 Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss going back to school during COVID-19, antibody testing and how temperature screening works.
- 5/21/2020: Dr. Mary and John Kauffman discuss contact tracing, virus mutations and how to keep from getting overwhelmed with COVID-19 information.
- 5/14/2020: Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss food safety tips and effectiveness of face coverings and helpful personal hygiene tips.
- 5/14/2020: Dr. Mary and John Kaufman discuss the new symptoms added to the CDC’s guidelines as well as guidance on avoiding bringing the virus in your home.
- 5/7/2020: Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how to properly use face coverings and some misconceptions about COVID-19 and the weather.
- 5/7/2020: Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss safely visiting your relatives and nutrition.
- 4/27/2020: Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss how to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and COVID-19 as well as mental health resources.
- 4/27/2020: Dr. Mary and Angela Lombardi discuss testing options, the concept of herd immunity, high risk populations and cabin fever.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Mental Health Resources
PG&E’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential counseling, support, referrals, and more to help you manage life’s demands at work and at home.
Our onsite EAP counselors are currently remote and taking employee and dependent appointments by telephone. You can find their contact information and hours on mypgebenefits.com/EAP.
You may also use the EAP appointment scheduler to meet with a counselor in the community. Visit pge.mybeaconwellbeing.com/support and follow the prompts (access via Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Edge). You’ll receive a list of counselors and their appointment availability.
In addition, you can reach EAP 24/7 at 1-888-445-4436 to request an appointment via telephone or video (in-person counseling visits are limited). During the pandemic, you can receive In the Moment Support by calling EAP at 1-888-445-4436. You’ll receive immediate support and emotional first aid, as well as discuss any additional services needed.
Alternatively, mental health video visits are offered through the medical plans. You can find more information below under How Do I Access Mental Health Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
How Do I Access Mental Health Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
You should still be able to access most of your mental health services during the COVID-19 pandemic, although some services may be more limited.
The EAP offers telephonic and video counseling services (see information above under Employee Assistance Program and Mental Health Resources). Alternatively, mental health video visits are also offered through the medical plans.
If you have Anthem, you have two options:
- Beacon, your mental health service provider, has authorized providers in their network to deliver clinically appropriate services to new and existing clients via telephone or video during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Live Health Online: This telehealth option is offered through Anthem. You can use the Live Health Online app to access mental health resources (psychology/psychiatry). You’ll see the cost before the visit starts and you pay just a 10% co-insurance, no deductible. Find more information on mypgebenefits.com/anthem> Telehealth – Virtual Doctor And Mental Health Visits.
For Kaiser, if clinically appropriate, you may have a virtual visit with your mental health provider. Otherwise, all mental health services will continue as usual.
- Resources for Parents with Children Out of School (PDF, 144 KB)
- PG&E EAP websiteOpens in new Window.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease OutbreaksPDF. Opens in new Window.