Name The PG&E Falcons
Official Rules of Peoples' Choice Name The PG&E Falcons
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
- NAME THE FALCONS. We want your help in naming the 4 Peregrine Falcon chicks nesting on top of PG&E's 77 Beale Street building in San Francisco. Help us name the Falcons by tweeting your suggested names and reasons why you like the names with the hashtag #pgefalcons @PGE4ME. All submissions must be made via Twitter between 11:59 a.m. PDT on April 23, 2012 and 11:59 p.m. PDT on May 4, 2012. Once submitted, all entries and submissions become the exclusive property of Pacific Gas and Electric Company ("Sponsor") and may be used in whole or part to promote Sponsor and its products and services. Entries will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
- SELECTION. The top choices of female and male names will be selected by Sponsor and/or the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group ("SCPBRG") in their sole discretion and then presented to the Twitter community via Facebook and PG&E Currents for voting on the top female and male names via online survey beginning on 11:59 a.m. PDT on April 23, 2012 and ending 11:59 p.m. PDT on May 3, 2012. The winning bird names will be announced on or about May 12, 2012.
- ELIGIBILITY. The promotion is open to individuals who:
- legally reside in California.
- are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Employees, agents, staff augmentation personnel of PG&E and their immediate family, and any third-party administrator of this promotion, if any, and each of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and distributors, are not eligible to enter.
- Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- NAMES OF THOSE SUBMITTING THE WINNING BIRD NAMES. Names of those submitting the winning bird names may be Tweeted by Sponsor.
- TWITTER AND FACEBOOK RULES. You must comply with all Twitter and Facebook rules and guidelines. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to submit will be ineligible. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with, Twitter or Facebook.
- I. Submissions must not:
- 1. Contain any material containing the name, likeness, image, photograph or other identifying elements of any person, other than the entrant without prior written permission of such person;
- 2. Contain any trademarks, logos or copyrighted material (such as company names, music, photographs or works of art), unless such material is owned by entrant or used with prior written permission of the owner;
- 3. Contain content that is sexually explicit, pornographic, offensive, illegal, hateful or obscene, or that promotes violence or harm; or
- 4. Defame, misrepresent, slander, libel or contain disparaging remarks about other people, companies, products or services.
- II. Sponsor and/or its designated representatives will review all submissions received. If any submission fails to conform to these Official Rules, or Sponsor otherwise determines in its sole and absolute discretion that the submission is inappropriate, would reflect poorly on Sponsor or the promotion or could adversely affect the reputation or goodwill of Sponsor, Sponsor may remove and make such Submission ineligible at any time.
- I. Submissions must not:
- RELEASES AND COPYRIGHTABLE MATERIAL. By submitting any entry or submission, you irrevocably agree to these Official Rules and you grant Sponsor, SCPBRG and their subsidiaries and affiliates a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and royalty free right and license to print, post, retweet, reprint, publish, reproduce, use, modify, edit, blur, create derivative works, distribute, perform, and sell the content of your submission, post, link or tweet, in its entirety, or in any portion, edited, individually or as a collective work, in print, electronic, or digital form, including, but not limited, to the exercise of such rights through Internet or Intranet sites, on-line databases, including without limit, Facebook and Twitter, and all other electronic publication and distribution media now known or later developed, and the right to grant these rights to third parties, throughout the world. PG&E's permitted use includes, without limitation, composite use, distortion, and blurring, in form and format, of the content. By entering the promotion you represent and warrant that you are the sole creator of the content of your entry and that it does not infringe the copyright or proprietary right of another, and that it does not contain matter that is defamatory, violates another's civil right, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other legal right. You further agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor, SCPBRG, Twitter, Facebook, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and shareholders, harmless from and against any liabilities, judgments, losses, and expenses (including attorneys' fees and costs) incurred by Sponsor, SCPBRG, Twitter or Facebook, by reason of any claim by any third party arising from or in connection with (a) use by Sponsor or by SCPBRG of the entry or submission pursuant to these Rules, or (b) the breach by participant or entrant of any provisions of these Rules.
- OTHER CONDITIONS. California law governs this promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this promotion or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual in its sole discretion. By entering, participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, SCPBRG, Twitter and Facebook, and each of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers, employees, agents, independent contractors and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and invasion of privacy. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for: (a) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, including Facebook or Twitter, (b) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to delivery, technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or of any website, including without limit, Facebook or Twitter, (c) communication lines, hardware and/or activate failures, or (d) damage to any computer (software or hardware) or website resulting from participation in the promotion.
- SPONSOR. Pacific Gas and Electric Company, P.O. Box 770000, San Francisco, CA 94177-0001.
PG&E® is the registered trademark of PG&E Corporation®. Copyright © 2012 Pacific Gas and Electric Company. All Rights Reserved.
[an error occurred while processing this directive][an error occurred while processing this directive][an error occurred while processing this directive][an error occurred while processing this directive]