New Storage Season: A Few New Features
Thursday, March 27, 2014
With the new storage season starting on April 1st, PG&E's California Gas Transmission would like to share with customers a few new features within CGT's storage program and in the INSIDEtracc system.
- Core Transport Agents (CTAs) can now assign their Core Firm Storage capacity anytime during the storage year to any party who meets CGT's creditworthiness requirements and holds a GTSA. The assignment can commence on any day of the storage year, but must last through the end of the storage year. The assigned storage will also be able to be subsequently assigned to another party, again starting on any date, but extending to the end of the storage year.
- Negotiated Firm Storage (G-NFS) is now also able to be assigned. An assignment to a creditworthy party who holds a GTSA can commence on any day of the assignor's exhibit, but must last through the remaining term of the exhibit. This storage can be subsequently assigned to another party, starting on any date, and extending to the end of the exhibit.
- CGT will be making a change to its naming of storage exhibits. In the past, when a CTA accepted all or a portion of their allocated Core Firm Storage, CGT assigned an identifying number in the format of 100XX to the Core Firm Storage exhibit. This number was used for nominating gas into the storage account, as well as for nominating gas to the Core Transport group of end-use customers. For the new storage year starting on April 1, if a CTA accepts Core Firm Storage, CGT will be assigning an identifying number in the format of XXXXCFS001. The first four digits will be the same as the CTA's marketer ID number. Although no longer used for storage, the 100XX number will still be used to nominate gas to the CTA's core customer group.
- If you hold Core Firm Storage (G-CFS), and your exhibit is for more than 1,000,000 Dth of storage inventory, you are considered a "variable" customer; i.e., your maximum daily quantity of injection (MDQI) will change during the injection season as your annual inventory changes, and your maximum daily quantity of withdrawal (MDQW) will change during the withdrawal season as your annual inventory changes. Your annual inventory balance will be reviewed each night, and if it has changed, your MDQI or MDQW will be recalculated. If your MDQI or your MDQW changes, you will receive an e-mail informing you of this fact, sent to the "e-notify" role in INSIDEtracc.
- CGT now offers negotiated "ratchets" as part of our Negotiated Firm Storage (G-NFS) service.
Please contact your CGT Sales Representative with questions about ratchets, or any other questions about changes to our storage features. And Happy Injection Season!
"PG&E" refers to Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation. © 2009 Pacific Gas and Electric Company. All rights reserved.