April, 2009 - Manually Entering Nominations into INSIDEtracc
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Some California Gas Transmission customers only enter nominations into INSIDEtracc at the beginning of the month. Or maybe make one or two changes to nominations at any given time. If you are one of those customers, then using INSIDEtracc's Manual Input screen may be just the ticket for you.
To use the Manual Input screen, navigate to Nominations, Manual Input. There are four sections to the Manual Input screen:
- Date - This is where the date range for the nomination is entered.
- Source - All data regarding the source gas for your nomination resides here.
- Destination - All data regarding the destination for your nomination resides here.
- Volume - Receipt or Delivery volumes are entered here.
Yellow fields designate mandatory fields. The Srce Rank and Dest Rank fields will default to 99 for the source and destination rankings; however, they can be changed to any ranking between 1 and 99.
The cursor default position is in the Start Date field when the Manual Input screen opens. Tabbing through the fields is by section.
- The cursor will tab from the start date to the end date, then into the Source section
- Starting with the Retain Srce check box, the cursor will tab through all Source data fields, then across to the Destination section
- Starting with the Retain Dest check box, the cursor will tab through all Destination fields, then down to the Volume section
- In the Volume section, you can enter either the Receipt or Delivery volume; once data has been entered into one of those fields, the other field will gray out
Once all data has been entered, click the Insert button to add your nomination to a table. The table will show a running total of the number of nominations as well as total nominated volumes in the Rec and Del columns.
When all nominations have been entered in the table and you have reviewed them, click the Submit button to send your nominations to CGT's database.
Retain Srce and Retain Dest Checkboxes
By clicking the Retain Srce or Retain Dest checkbox, INSIDEtracc will retain certain information in the Source or Destination sections.
If you click the Retain Srce box, all mandatory Source data (in yellow fields) will be retained after adding your nomination to the nomination table by clicking the Insert button. This allows you to easily create nominations from one source to multiple destinations, without needing to re-enter the same source data time after time.
If you click the Retain Dest box, all mandatory Destination data (in yellow fields) will be retained after adding your nomination to the nomination table by clicking the Insert button. This allows you to easily create nominations from many sources to a single destination, without needing to re-enter the same destination data for each nomination.
When using the Retain Source or Dest boxes, the Package and Volume field data will not be saved from one nomination to the next; this data will need to be re-entered for new nominations. Additionally, if you are using the Retain Dest box, the Transp Exh field will be temporarily grayed out until your new Source ID has been entered.
Create Srce TSA and Create Dest TSA Checkboxes
In the Manual Input table, the Create Source TSA and the Create Dest TSA will default to blank, which translates to an "N" ("no") by the system once the nominations are entered into the nomination table. You do not need to click on either of these boxes unless you are creating a new TSA given to you by an interconnecting pipeline and are using it for the first time on INSIDEtracc. To learn more about this feature, please see our February, 2009 SNL article.
Additional Manual Input Field Information
- The Package field is optional, and is formatted as an alpha-numeric field. This means that you and your counterparty must match Package codes exactly if you elect to use this field. For example, if the Seller uses a package code of 1 and the buyer uses a package code of 01, INSIDEtracc will see those as different codes, resulting in an unmatched nomination. Both parties would need to enter either 1 or 01 in order to have their nominations match.
- The Rcpt Pt and Delv Pt fields are automatically filled in by the system, depending on the data entered for the Source ID or Destination ID. For example, if the seller is nominating from a GTN TSA, the system would auto-fill the Rcpt Pt field with MAL.
- The Loc button located to the right of the Source ID or Dest ID description fields is used when multiple choices are available for the source or destination gas. For example, if you nominated from a Topock Park Account (9999PTP002), the system would display a pop-up window with two park accounts to choose from. One would be for TKN (Topock North) and one would be for TKS (Topock South), since the Topock park account could occur at either location. Another example would be if you nominated to a Core Group (90002). A pop-up window would display with two CTA locations to choose from. One would be CTYG (Citygate) and one would be STOR (Storage).
- The Srce Rank field and the Dest Rank fields are tied to the Source ID and Destination ID fields. The seller has control over the destination rankings, and the buyer has control over the source rankings. These fields are designed as "smart" fields in INSIDEtracc. The system identifies the buyer and seller for each nomination based on data entered in the Source or Destination ID fields. The appropriate ranking will remain enabled for that party, while the other ranking will be disabled and grayed out. For example, Customer A is selling gas to Customer B (and therefore has control of the destination ranking). When Customer A inputs their nomination, the system will allow them to initially designate a source ranking. But when Customer A inputs the Destination as Customer B, the system will gray out the source ranking and only allow Customer A to designate the destination ranking. The same holds true going the other direction.
- The system will only allow data in one volume field, either for receipt or delivery volumes. If you enter a receipt volume in the Nom Rec Vol field, the system will gray out the Nom Del Vol field. If you enter a delivery volume in the Nom Del Vol field, the system will gray out the Nom Rec Vol field. Shrinkage will be calculated when the nomination is submitted to CGT's database.
- Basic validation is done for some entry fields as data is entered on the screen. You will see an instantaneous error message in red font just below the entry field if the entry is invalid. For example, if you only have a Baja path transportation exhibit but you type in a Mission Path transportation exhibit code, the system will give you a red error message below the Transp Exh field stating that the code does not exist.
- The Manual Input table and Action Icons have the same functionality as the table for the Import screen. To learn more about this table and the Action Icons, please see our March, 2009 SNL article.
- Final validations are performed once the nominations are submitted.
- INSIDEtracc will display information messages after nominations have been submitted. A yellow information bar will display the number of invalid nominations, if any, and a green information bar will display the number of valid nominations.
- Do not select the Create Source TSA or Create Dest TSA checkboxes unless you are creating a new TSA given to you by an interconnecting pipeline and using it for the first time on INSIDEtracc. Once your nomination has been inserted in the nomination table, the system will automatically display an N in those table columns, designating an unchecked box.
Copyright © 2009 Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
All rights reserved.