How to Use a Pool
- A customer brings gas into Pacific Gas and Electric Company's pipeline system by nominating the gas from an interconnection point to a receipt pool
- The gas may then move from a receipt pool to another customer's receipt pool or delivery pool
- Once the gas moves off the receipt point, that customer will be charged for backbone transportation based on the customer's Gas Transmission Service Agreement transportation exhibit
- The destination of this nomination could be a delivery pool at another location (including Citygate), an on-system delivery point, or an off-system destination
- If the transportation exhibit is for firm service and the destination is a pool, the customer can nominate to a firm delivery pool or to a normal delivery pool
- If the transportation exhibit is for as-available service and the destination is a pool, the customer can nominate only to a normal pool
Basic concepts about pools are discussed in Pools - A Nomination Tool.