Core Gas Aggregation Service
Any combination of core customer gas accounts (commercial and/or residential customers) can be aggregated into a Core Transport Group and qualify for core gas aggregation service.
- All 3.5 million core customers, with a total load of almost 300,000,000 Dth/year, are eligible. There is no maximum amount of load or number of customers who can participate in the program.
- Please see PG&E's Core Gas Aggregation - Core Transport Agents page for more information about customer choices, or to view a list of gas suppliers
- Aggregators must have a group of customers whose load totals at least 120,000 therms/year
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company's pricing for its fully-bundled core service is recalculated each month based on current market conditions. Utility supply includes intrastate transmission costs as well as a $0.024/Dth brokerage fee and shrinkage. These supply costs are subtracted from the customer's otherwise applicable rate and are subject to an aggregator's competitive pricing.
Interstate and Intrastate Capacity
- Each month aggregators have the opportunity to accept a pro rata share of the core's reserved transmission capacities on the Redwood and Baja paths (intrastate) and on the interstate pipelines, as shown below. Aggregators pay the same rates as Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Core Procurement Department.
PG&E Core Gas Supply Firm Capacity Contracts
|July - October 2014||November 2014 - February 2015|
|Gas Transmission Northwest||359,968 Dth/d||359,968 Dth/d|
|Foothills Pipe Lines||386,355 GJ/d||386,355 GJ/d|
|NOVA Gas Transmission||390,337 GJ/d||390,337 GJ/d|
|Ruby Pipeline||250,000 Dth/d||250,000 Dth/d|
|Transwestern Pipeline||83,000 Dth/d||190,000 Dth/d (Nov 2014)
222,000 Dth/d (Dec 2014-Feb 2015)
|PG&E Redwood Annual G-AFT||608,766 Dth/d||608,766 Dth/d|
|PG&E Baja Annual G-AFT||348,000 Dth/d||348,000 Dth/d|
|PG&E Baja Seasonal G-SFT||Not Available||Not Available (Nov 2014)
321,000 Dth/d (Dec 2014-Feb 2015)
|El Paso Natural Gas||Not Available||Not Available|
|Kern River Gas Transmission||Not Available||Not Available|
NOTE: This information is intended for use by Core Transport Agents only in managing pipeline capacity under PG&E's G-CT tariff.
* Capacity is for the time frame shown in each column header, unless otherwise noted.
- Aggregators are offered a proportional share of Pacific Gas and Electric Company's core storage reservation monthly. As an alternative to accepting this storage from Pacific Gas and Electric Company, aggregators can provide proof that they hold other reliability resources (third-party storage or firm supply plus transport capacity). If storage is selected, aggregators have an obligation to fill and maintain required storage levels for reliability purposes.
- A daily load forecasting service is provided to forecast daily aggregator volumes for nominations and is used for balancing and OFO/EFO compliance.
Nominations and Balancing
- All core procurement groups, including utility procurement, follow the same rules for nominations and balancing, contained in G-BAL and gas Rule 21.
If you have further questions about Core Gas Aggregation Service, please contact your CGT Account Services Representative.