The Products and Programs team has several important updates to share with you regarding our Deemed Rebate program. Please share this email with the appropriate parties within your organization.
On December 3, 2013, Pacific Gas & Electric Company launched a new rebate product for LED High Bay Lighting. This new product helps customers retrofit their common high bay fixtures with the latest in LED technology resulting in immediate energy savings, lower maintenance costs, and prepares them for adopting the new Title 24 code requirements taking effect in 2014.
Light emitting diode (LED) technology has proven to be an effective lighting source that can offer substantial energy savings over typical high intensity discharge (HID) and linear fluorescent lighting technologies. The light is easily controllable and can be turned on and off instantly or dimmed for added energy savings at dawn and dusk. LED also offers several other benefits for the customer:
- No mercury or other hazardous chemicals and gasses
- Long lifetimes and highly reliable service, greatly reducing maintenance costs
- Available in color temperatures from “warm” to “cool” with high color rendering providing high-quality white light.
LED High Bay Lighting Product Requirements
To qualify for a rebate, the following requirements must be met:
- The LED fixture or retrofit kit must replace high intensity discharge, incandescent, or linear fluorescent high bay light fixtures installed in the following applications:
- High-Bay Luminaires (Fixtures & Retrofit Kits)
- Low-Bay Luminaires (Fixtures & Retrofit Kits)
- High-Bay Aisle Luminaires (Fixtures)
- The LED fixture or retrofit kit must be listed on the DesignLights Consortium qualified products list (refer to PG&E’s Customized Program Appendix E for the latest listings).
- Must be a one for one replacement
- Must replace a High-Intensity Discharge (HID) or a 4, 6 or 8 lamp T8 fixture with VHLO Ballast (BF > 1.1) and specified lamp wattage
- Must meet the Minimum Fixture Lumens identified in the table below
- The input wattage of the LED fixture must be lower than the input wattage of the original equipment.
- Self-ballasted screw-based lamps do not qualify.
- A written warranty must be issued to the customer guaranteeing repair or replacement of defective electrical parts (including light source and power supplies) for a minimum of five years from the date of purchase.
Soft Launch Program Requirements
- Installations completed on or after November 22, 2013 are eligible for the LED High Bay Lighting rebates.
- The customer or trade professional must submit a product specification sheet, installation instructions and invoice with their application. All other Business Rebates Application conditions apply.
- Measures will not be available through the eRebates Online Application until January, 2014.
- Use the nominal input wattage of the lamp in the original equipment to identify which measure below is applicable.
LED High Bay Lighting Measure Descriptions and Rebates
Light emitting diode – also called LED – technology has been proven to be very successful in high bay applications. With over 1,200 models qualified already on DesignLights Consortium, there are a variety of LED solutions available. LED provides controllability along with energy savings compared to the traditional HID or linear fluorescent products.
Customers can utilize these rebates to retrofit a majority of their high bay lighting applications with a new LED fixture or retrofit kit. Retrofit kits are an economical option where the fixture housing remains intact and just the light source and power supply are upgraded. Remember, self-ballasted replacement lamps do not qualify as a retrofit kit.
Refer to PG&E’s Customized Program Appendix E for the latest qualified products list, which includes the applicable high bay lighting applications.
Thank you and please let your PG&E Trade Professional Manager (TPM) know if you have any questions. Your TPM support team and the coverage areas assigned are indicated below.