AC Quality Care Program
A home AC system can be complicated.
Luckily, PG&E rebates aren’t.
Maintaining your air conditioner might not be top of mind. But it should be. Especially when you realize that heating and cooling account for 44% of your home energy bill. That being the case, it’s easy to see how important routine maintenance is to help your AC system perform better, decrease costs, and reduce the chances of it breaking down over time.
How This Program Works
AC Quality Care is based on a nationally-recognized industry maintenance standard supported by the latest technology. To participate in the program, contractors must meet the rigorous criteria that PG&E requires.
AC Quality Care begins with a comprehensive assessment of your system to give you a complete picture of the preventative maintenance you may want performed–from equipment safety to performance to necessary repairs. A participating contractor will:
- Spend an hour or more at your home going over how your system is working and what you can expect from the program.
- Complete a detailed system assessment, including a combustion safety evaluation of natural gas appliances.
- Provide you with a detailed evaluation and recommendations, along with information about qualifying for rebates.
You decide what work, if any, you want to have your contractor perform. Once the work has been completed, your contractor will help you apply for PG&E rebates to offset your costs. Then, you’ll be able to start enjoying the comfort and peace of mind that comes with a well-maintained HVAC system.
How to Qualify for Rebates
Rebates of up to $850, based on Initial Assessment, are available only for work done by AC Quality Care participating contractors for the following services and qualifying product purchase:
- $50 Initial HVAC System Inventory and Assessment Rebate, which provides you with a comprehensive evaluation of your system, so you can work with your contractor on next steps. Following this assessment, you may qualify for the rebates listed below
- $400 Airflow Correction Rebate, to adjust, repair, and renovate ducts, and install new filters
- $50 Refrigeration System Service Rebate, which includes faults diagnosis and correction of refrigerant charge levels
- $300 Replacement Blower Motor Rebate
- $50 One-Year Quality Maintenance Service Agreement Rebate
To be eligible, you must:
- Have electricity distributed by PG&E to the installation address
- Have a central forced air conditioner or heat pump
- Live in a single-family residence or duplex
- Reside in Climate Zones 2, 4, 11, 12, 13, or 16. To determine your zone, go to PG&E's climate zones and enter your zip code.
Then, increase the comfort in your home—and the cash in your wallet—with a well-maintained HVAC system through the AC Quality Care Program.
Still Want More?
Check out the following links for more energy saving information:
For more information call
(510) 306-ACQC (2272)or email us.