AC Quality Care Program
A home AC system can be complicated.
Luckily, PG&E rebates aren’t.
Maintaining your air conditioner might not be something you think about, but it should be. Especially when you realize that heating and cooling account for 44% of your home energy bill. That being the case, it’s easy to see how important routine maintenance is to help your AC system perform better, decrease costs, and reduce the chances of it breaking down.
How This Program Works
AC Quality Care is based on a nationally-recognized industry maintenance standard supported by the latest technology. To participate in the program, contractors must meet PG&E's rigorous criteria for participation.
AC Quality Care begins with a comprehensive assessment of your system to give you a complete picture of the preventative maintenance you may want performed–from equipment safety to performance to necessary repairs. A participating contractor will:
- Spend an hour or more at your home going over how your system is working and what you can expect from the program.
- Complete a detailed system assessment.
- Provide you with a detailed evaluation and recommendations, along with information about qualifying for rebates.
You decide what work, if any, you want to have your contractor perform. Once the work has been completed, your contractor will help you apply for PG&E rebates to offset your costs. Then, you’ll be able to start enjoying the comfort and peace of mind that comes with a well-maintained HVAC system.
How to Qualify for Rebates
Rebates of up to $700 are available only for work done by AC Quality Care participating contractors for the following services and qualifying product purchase:
- $100 Initial HVAC System Inventory and Assessment Rebate, which provides you with a comprehensive evaluation of your system, so you can work with your contractor on next steps. Following this assessment, you may qualify for the rebates listed below.
- $100 Refrigeration System Service Rebate, which includes faults diagnosis and correction of refrigerant charge levels.
- $300 Replacement Blower Motor Rebate.
- $50 One-Year Quality Maintenance Service Agreement Rebate.
- Additional incentives may be available when combining measures. Talk to a participating contractor for details.
To be eligible, you must:
- Complete Qualifying Maintenance Services between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014.
- You must be a customer of PG&E with an active electric meter at the installation address.
- Have a central forced air conditioner or heat pump.
- Live in a single-family residence or duplex.
Then, increase the comfort in your home—and the cash in your wallet—with a well-maintained HVAC system through the AC Quality Care Program.
Still Want More?
Check out the following links for more energy saving information:
AC Quality Care Services
For more information call
(510) 306-ACQC (2272)or email us.