Gas Conservation Program
Save Gas this December, Get a $25 Thank You
This December, with some Peninsula gas pipelines unavailable, PG&E is working hard to meet our customers' need for natural gas. So we are asking San Francisco and San Mateo County residents to conserve. You'll not only help the community, but for any December savings PG&E will mail you a $25 thank you. Consider it a little gift for making a big difference.
Here's how the program works:
- PG&E residential gas customers in San Francisco and San Mateo counties are eligible.
- Simply reduce your gas usage by any amount (by more than zero percent) in December 2010 vs. your 3 year average for the month of December and receive a $25 pre-paid card.
Click here for further eligibility terms and conditions
Here are some quick and easy ways you can conserve gas:
- Turn your thermostat down by 3 to 5 degrees if your health permits
- Lower the temperature on your water heater
- Wash your clothes in cold water
Click here for more gas-saving tips
Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from MasterCard International and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere MasterCard debit cards are accepted.
For general questions, please contact PG&E's Customer Service Center at