The CARE Program
Let the Vega family tell you how they manage their energy costs by enrolling in the CARE program.
The California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program provides a monthly discount on energy bills for income-qualified households and housing facilities. Qualifications are based on the number of persons living in your home and your total annual household income.
More Information about CARE
- Click here if you are a residential single family customer.
- Click here if you are a tenant of a sub-metered residential facility.
- Click here for more information about qualified non-profit group living facilities.
- Click here for more information about agricultural employee housing facilities.
- Click here for more information about migrant farm worker housing facilities.
For general questions, please contact PG&E's Customer Service Center at
Control Your Energy Use
Understand your electric charges
Learn how your energy usage habits impact your bill
Understand your energy use
Find out which of your appliances use the most energy
Get notified when your electric use is moving toward a higher-cost tier.