SmartAC™ Program: Information for Landlords and Property Managers
You and your tenants have the opportunity to help to prevent power interruptions in case of a local or state energy supply emergency.
If your tenant opts to participate in the SmartAC program they will need your written consent (PDF, 219 KB). They will need to have this form authorized by you and forward it to PG&E. PG&E will contact your tenants directly to arrange access.
Learn about the SmartAC program.
- Each rental unit must have a standard central air conditioner or heat pump in suitable operating condition.
- Each tenant must obtain a signed authorization form (PDF, 219 KB) from you (Owner/Property Manager or Landlord) prior to installation.
- Life support and medical baseline customers do not qualify to participate.
Steps to Sign Up
- Download and print the SmartAC Brochure (PDF, 192 KB) and the Property Manager Registration and Tenant Authorization Forms (PDF, 219 KB).
- Your tenant will ask you to complete and sign the authorization form, and send back to them.
- Your tenant is responsible for sending completed form to PG&E.
SmartAC Program benefits include:
• Financial incentive after installation
• Maintain control over your comfort and participation
• Help prevent summer power interruptions while staying comfortable
Already Signed Up?
If you are already enrolled with SmartAC, manage your device here:
SmartAC Manager >>
SmartAC Tech Support
Contact your PG&E Account Representative or call PG&E at
1-866-908-4916 or email us