February 2009 Bill Inserts
Each month, PG&E offers important information on rebates, saving energy and safety in printed inserts that accompany your bill. Now, access this information online whenever you wish.
- Do you have a relative or friend who may forget their PG&E bill? Here's a caring way to help.If someone you care for can't always keep up with bills, help see that their PG&E service remains uninterrupted. Take advantage of our Third-Party Notification Service. For more information call 1-800-PGE-5000 or visit www.pge.com/thirdpartynotification.
Si alguien que Usted aprecia no puede ponerse al día con sus facturas, asegúrese que su servicio de PG&E no sea interrumpido. Sáquele provecho al Servicio de Notificación a Terceros. Para más información llame al 1.800.660.6789 o visite www.pge.com/espanol/thirdpartynotification.
假若你關心的朋友或家人經常忘記繳費，為確保他們所獲的煤電服務不會因此受阻，請選用特設的第三方通知服務。 華語熱線1.800.893.9555。 瀏覽 www.pge.com/chinese/thirdpartynotification 。
- Use a life support device or have a serious medical condition? PG&E's Medical Baseline Program can help reduce your energy bills.Residential PG&E customers with a qualifying medical condition may be eligible to receive additional energy at our lowest "baseline" rates. It provides approximately 500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity and/or 25 therms of gas each month at our lowest "baseline" price. This is in addition to your regular "baseline" quantities.
You qualiy for Medical Baseline if you are a full-time resident and certified by a licensed California doctor as:
- Dependent on life-support equipment used in the home.
- A paraplegic, hemiplegic, quadriplegic, scleroderma or multiple sclerosis patient with special heating and/or air-conditioning needs.
- Receiving treatment for a life-threatening illness, compromised immune system or other medical condition requiring special heating and/or cooling requirements to sustain life or prevent deterioration of the patient’s medical condition.
For more information or to apply, visit www.pge.com/medicalbaseline or call 1-800-PGE-5000.
- What types of energy resources make up PG&E's power mix?PG&E delivers some of the cleanest electric power in the nation: On average, approximately 50% of the electricity delivered to the 15 million Californians we serve emits no carbon.
PG&E works with its customers, communities and various stakeholders and agencies to find innovative ways to procure and deliver clean energy. We are planning for the future by exploring new technologies that harvest energy from the sun, ocean waves, tidal currents and agricultural waste. We are also actively involved in investing in state-of-the-art, cleaner sources of fossil-based power to meet growing demand. Note: Due to rounding conventions, the numbers above sum to an amount greater than 100%.
- Power Content LabelNote: This content is provided to you under state legislation (Senate Bill 1305), as implemented by the California Energy Commission.
Eligible Renewable 15% 10%   • Biomass and waste   4%   <1%   • Geothermal   4%   2%   • Small hydroelectric   4%   6%   • Solar   <1%   0%   • Wind   3%   2% Coal 2% 32% Large Hydroelectric2 16% 24% Natural Gas 47% 31% Nuclear 20% 3% Other 1% 0% TOTAL 100% 100%
* At least 95% of PG&E's Power Mix is from PG&E-owned resources, purchased from individual suppliers, or provided by the California Department of Water Resources.
** Percentages are estimated annually by the California Energy Commission based on electricity sold to California consumers during the previous year.
For information about PG&E's Power Mix, contact PG&E at 1-800-PGE-5000. For information about the CA Power Mix or for general information about the Power Content Label, contact the California Energy Commission at 1-800-555-7794 or www.energy.ca.gov/consumer.
1 75% of California's electric supply is generated or purchased by the state’s investor-owned utilities, the majority of the state’s municipal utilities and various other retail energy providers. The 2007 "CA Power Mix" shown above lists the remaining 25% of California’s power that is generated or purchased from other sources.
2 A significant amount of the energy generated by PG&E comes from clean, large hydroelectric power stations, which under California law, do not qualify as an eligible renewable resource.
Note: Due to rounding conventions, the numbers above sum to an amount greater than 100%.
- Public Participation HearingsThe CPUC will be conducting public participation hearings at the times and locations listed below. Service representatives from the utilities may be present at each site to assist with individual customer billing and service concerns. The purpose of these hearings is for the CPUC Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) to take public comments about this proceeding. These comments will be taken by a CPUC court reporter and will become part of the formal comment files for this proceeding and will be part of a formal transcript. The ALJ takes into consideration all public comments received for the record.
The following locations are all wheelchair-accessible. If you need interpreters for language or for the hard of hearing please contact the Public Advisor's Office at the following numbers at least three to five working days in advance of the meeting date:
TTY toll-free: 1-866-836-7825
Regular TTY: 1-415-703-5282
LOCATION OF HEARINGS
March 10, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
Health Services Agency, Building D–Large Auditorium
1080 Emeline Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
March 17, 2009 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Al Bahr Shriners Center
5440 Kearny Mesa Road, San Diego, CA 92111
March 18, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
Junipero Serra State Office Building, Carmel Room–Auditorium
320 West 4th Street, 1st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90013
A member of the CPUC Public Advisor's Office will be at all meetings to assist you. If you would like additional information on how to participate at these public meetings or if you would like to submit written comments about R.08-11-005, please contact:
Public Advisor's Office
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2103
San Francisco, CA 94102
1-415-703-2074 or 1-866-849-8390 (toll free)
TTY 1-415-703-5282, TTY 1-866-836-7825 (toll free)
E-mail to email@example.com