November 2008 Bill Inserts

Each month, PG&E offers important information on rebates, saving energy and safety in printed inserts that accompany your bill. Now, access this information online whenever you wish.

Your REACH pledge can help those in need this holiday season.
PG&E will match all new pledges dollar for dollar up to $100,000!

Learn how to read your PG&E energy meter or see the schedule for the year.

Agricultural Customers:
You may save money by selecting an alternate electric rate schedule.

What types of energy resources make up PG&E’s power mix?

PG&E delivers some of the cleanest electric power in the nation: on average, approximately 50% of the electricity delivered to the 15 million Californians we serve emits no carbon.

Note: Power mix includes all PG&E-owned generation plus all of PG&E's power purchases.

PG&E works with its customers, communities and various stakeholders and agencies to find innovative ways to procure and deliver clean energy. We are planning for the future by exploring new technologies that harvest energy from the sun, ocean waves, tidal currents and agricultural waste. And we are actively involved in investing in state-of-the-art, cleaner sources of fossil-based power to meet growing demand.

Power Content Label

2007 CA POWER MIX**1
(For Comparison)
Eligible Renewable14%10%
  • Biomass and waste  4%  <1%
  • Geothermal  4%  2%
  • Small hydroelectric  4%  6%
  • Solar  <1%  0%
  • Wind  2%  2%
Large Hydroelectric217%24%
Natural Gas44%31%

* At least 95% of PG&E's Power Mix is from PG&E-owned resources, purchased from individual suppliers, or provided by the California Department of Water Resources.

** Percentages are estimated annually by the California Energy Commission based on electricity sold to California consumers during the previous year.

For information about PG&E's Power Mix, contact PG&E at 1-800-PGE-5000. For information about the CA Power Mix or for general information about the Power Content Label, contact the California Energy Commission at 1-800-555-7794 or

1 75% of California's electric supply is generated or purchased by the state's investor-owned utilities, the majority of the state's municipal utilities and various other retail energy providers. The 2007 "CA Power Mix" shown above lists the remaining 25% of California's power that is generated or purchased from other sources.

2 A significant amount of the energy generated by PG&E comes from clean, large hydroelectric power stations, which under California law, do not qualify as an eligible renewable resource.