Manufactured Gas Plants
Former Potrero Power Plant, San Francisco
Former Potrero Power Plant | Site Overview | Cleanup Areas & Recent Activities | FAQ | Archive
PG&E is committed to addressing environmental impacts from our historical operations. As part of this commitment, we are conducting investigation and remediation work at the site of the former Potrero Power Plant and a portion of the adjacent Pier 70 property. PG&E is voluntarily cleaning up potential impacts from a former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) that operated on the property from the 1870s to the 1930s, as well as impacts from our former operation of the Potrero Power Plant.
PG&E is conducting this work in collaboration with the Port of San Francisco and other stakeholder groups, under the oversight of the Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) and a number of local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Recent Site Updates:
- Water Board Approves Feasibility Study for Northeast Area
- Remediation Activities for Switchyard Completed
- Remediation Activities for Hoe Down Yard Completed
- Regulatory Closure of Station A Area Anticipated for 2014
- March 2013 Project Update (PDF, 555 KB)
- Feasibility Study Approval Notice (PDF, 699 KB)
- January 2013 Project Newsletter (PDF, 6.8 MB)
- Archives Page
- Water Board Resources & Contact Information
For more information, please contact the PG&E Environmental Remediation Information and Response Line at 1-866-247-0581 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.