Manufactured Gas Plants
Former Potrero Power Plant, San Francisco
Former Potrero Power Plant | Site Overview | Cleanup Areas & Recent Activities | FAQ | Archive
PG&E is committed to addressing environmental impacts from our historical operations. As part of this commitment, we are voluntarily conducting investigation and remediation work at the site of the former Potrero Power Plant and a portion of the adjacent Pier 70 property. This includes impacts from a former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) that operated on the property from the 1870s to the 1930s.
PG&E is conducting this work in collaboration with the Port of San Francisco and other stakeholder groups, under the oversight of the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) and a number of local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Recent Site Updates:
- Pilot Test for Northeast Area Cleanup Completed; Preparation for Cleanup Work Underway
- Offshore Sediment Investigations Completed
- Remediation Activities for Switchyard Completed
- Remediation Activities for Hoe Down Yard Completed
- June 2014 Northeast Area Pilot Test Close-Out Report (PDF, 899 KB)
- March 2014 Community Meeting Display Boards (PDF, 4 MB)
- March 2014 Project Newsletter (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Archives Page
- Water Board Resources & Contact Information
For more information, please contact the PG&E Environmental Remediation Information and Response Line at 1-866-247-0581 or email us at email@example.com.