Water Conservation Showcase
2011 Water Conservation Showcase
March 22, 2011
10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Pacific Energy Center
851 Howard Street, San Francisco
Sign up today to attend, exhibit, sponsor, or volunteer at the Water Showcase. Attendees can pre-register by Friday, March 18th or register at the door on March 22nd beginning at 10am.
Many experts believe that water will overtake energy as the resource of greatest concern to Californians in the coming years. We live in a state with a growing population, limited water reserves and unpredictable rainfall. Water use also has significant energy implications. The California State Water Project that is responsible for moving water from sources to customers is the single largest user of energy in the state. Additional energy is required to heat, cool, pump and treat water. Reducing water use through conservation can extend our limited supply of this resource and produce significant electricity and natural gas savings.
Our annual Water Showcase provides information on water-conserving strategies for building designers, managers and operators through presentations and tabletop displays. This event is organized by Northern California Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council, East Bay Municipal Utility District, and the PG&E Pacific Energy Center.
Companies and non-profits can showcase their water-related products and services as exhibitors at this year's Water Conservation Showcase. Exhibitors will be provided a table and exhibit space at the showcase in exchange for a donation to the Northern California Chapter of the US Green Building Council. Use this exhibitor registration form.
We also need for the 2010 Water Showcase sponspors that help finance the event and supporters that help promote and staff the event. Here are the lists of sponsors and supporters from last year's showcase.
- Bay Area Water Supply & Conservation Agency
- Design Ecology
- San Jose Blue
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- Solano County Water Agency
- Zone 7 Water Agency
- Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Architects, Designers and Planners for Social Responsibility
- Bay-Friendly Landscaping & Gardening Coalition
- California College of the Arts - Department of Architecture
- California Urban Water Conservation Council
- Department of Environment, City and County of San Francisco
- Green Roof Alliance
- Sustainable Building Advisor Program
- Tuolumne River Trust
- U.C. Berkeley Center for the Built Environment
- Water Resources Center Archives, U.C. Berkeley
- Wholly H2o