Building and Renovation Services - Project Cost Range
Project costs can vary significantly depending on the type of service you request, the work PG&E will do at the site and the conditions in the surrounding environment.
Select your service to see average project costs and contributing factors:
Choose the type of service you are installing
Project Cost Range Disclaimer
The cost range provided is intended as an estimate you can use to budget for installing your gas and electric services. The estimate is not a bill and does not create a service agreement between you and PG&E. Approximately five percent of service installations or modifications will have costs that exceed the estimated range due to special conditions or requirements.
The estimated cost range does not include charges for:
- Extension of PG&E's overhead and underground electric lines, (including poles, power lines, substations, or transformers) that supply two or more services to homes and businesses
- Extension of PG&E's underground pipelines that carry natural gas from utilities to three or more homes and businesses
- Special facilities including underground transformers or non-standard equipment installations, additional equipment for elevated gas pressure, or non-standard gas meters or equipment)
- Conversion from Overhead Electric Distribution to Underground Electric Distribution
- Service to locations inaccessible by vehicles
- Vegetation removal, such as tree trimming
- Work required by an electrician or plumber
- Any other costs that are not PG&E's responsibility
If you indicate that you plan to have PG&E perform the trenching, the cost of the trenching will be included in the estimate. If you indicate that you plan do the trenching yourself, or hire a contractor to do it, the estimated range will not include labor costs for trenching but will still include applicable taxes.
Before construction can begin, a PG&E representative must visit your construction site and prepare a specific, site-related plan and cost estimate. To proceed, please complete an application for service online at Customer Connections Online or call us at 1-877-743-7782. Representatives are available Monday–Friday from 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. to assist with your application or provide detailed information about a pending request.
Need assistance? Call the PG&E Building and Renovation Service Center (BRSC) at
Schedule an appointment to start, stop or move service.