CARE for Migrant Farm Worker Housing Centers (MFHC)
Migrant farm worker housing centers operated by Office of Migrant Services (OMS) or non-profit entities may be eligible for the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program. Apply to receive a monthly discount on your energy bills if your center meets the requirements below.
- The facility must provide pursuant to section 50710 of the Health and Safety Code or meet the definition in Subdivision (b) of Section 1140.4 of the Labor Code and have an exemption from local property taxes pursuant to subdivision (g) of Section 214 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.
- The facility must provide a copy of current contract with the Office of Migrant Services, or a copy of tax-exempt documentation.
- Separate applications must be filed for each type of facility, even if they are under one licensed organization.
- Facilities must notify Pacific Gas and Electric Company if they no longer qualify for the CARE discount.
Download and print the following application:
- Application in English (PDF, 68 KB)
Sign and mail it to:
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
P. O. Box 7979
San Francisco, CA 94120-7979
Or fax to: 1-415-973-6419
You can also have an application mailed to you by calling the CARE program at
1-866-743-2273 or emailing CAREandFERA@pge.com.
Organizations are required to recertify every two years by completing a new application and attaching proof of tax-exempt status and a statement of how the discount was used in the previous year to directly benefit facility residents. Three months before your discount expires, your organization will receive a letter and recertification application from PG&E giving you the opportunity to reapply if your organization still qualifies under the current program guidelines.
You can request a re-certification application to be mailed to you by calling the CARE program at 1-866-743-2273 or emailing CAREandFERA@pge.com.