CARE for Qualified Agricultural Employee Housing

How long does the discount last?

You will receive the discount for two years before you need to be re-certified.

Do I have to show proof of income for each household when I apply?

Proof of income is not required during the application process. However, your facility is required to provide this documentation upon request.

How will I know when the discount has been applied to my account?

Pacific Gas and Electric Company will send a letter to your facility welcoming you to the CARE Program. Also, on the left side of the first page of your bill under "Special Account information" it will state "CARE - Discount Rate". The Gas Account Detail section and Electric Account Detail section list the CARE discount as a separate line item.

I reside in agricultural housing. How can I get CARE Program information for my landlord?

Your landlord can call 415-973-7288 to reach the agricultural hotline for more information.

If you have additional questions about the program, call Pacific Gas and Electric Company at 1-866-PGE-CARE (1-866-743-2273) or e-mail CARE.