Winter Gas Savings
Winter Gas Savings
A few small changes can add up to a whole lot of savings. Use our online Progress Tracker to keep track of your gas usage. Reduce your gas usage throughout December and January and you could get up to a 20% bonus credit on your PG&E bill.
See below for a whole range of ways to lower your gas costs in the “tips” section below.
- Lower the thermostat by 1° F (if it’s set between 60° and 70°F) and you can save as much as 5 % on heating costs.
- In the winter, open your window coverings on sunny days to help warm the rooms.
- Save on heating costs. Keeping your thermostat set at 68º F during the daytime and 55º F at night can reduce your heating costs by up to 20%.
- Dishwashers with booster heaters will let you lower the water temperature on your water heater, resulting in energy savings.
- Wrap older water heaters with an insulating jacket to minimize excess heat loss. And, don’t forget to leave the air intake vent uncovered when insulating a gas water heater. Savings of up to 10% can be achieved on water heating costs.
- In the winter, reverse your ceiling fan motor to produce an updraft that forces warm air near the ceiling down into your working space.
- Properly sealing and insulating your business can save you up to 20% on heating costs
- Replacing your old windows with high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® windows can reduce your heating and cooling costs by up to 15%.
- Have a licensed HVAC contractor check your central heating/cooling duct system for leaks. Sealing and insulating ducts can improve the efficiency of your heating system by as much as 20% — and sometimes much more.
- Replace your pre-1977 gas furnace (probably 50-60 percent efficient) with the most efficient model and you could cut your natural gas use by up to 33%.
Winter Gas Savings is on Facebook
Solar Water Heater Rebate
Conserve resources and save energy by installing a solar water heating system.