February 2008 Bill Inserts

Each month, PG&E offers important information on rebates, saving energy and safety in printed inserts that accompany your bill. Now, access this information online whenever you wish.

Earn up to 20% credit on your gas bill this winter
PG&E residential and business customers who reduce their cumulative gas usage during January and February will receive a credit on their March or April gas bill.

Protect our pipelines. Protect your family.
For important information and safety tips about gas pipelines.

Your household may qualify for reduced rates.

See if PG&E's CARE or FERA program can help you save money on your bill


Important Safety Information

What types of energy resources make up PG&E's power mix?

PG&E delivers some of the cleanest electric power in the nation



For Your Safety...

Inspection and Maintenance of Customer-Owned, Buried Natural Gas Piping

If you are a Pacific Gas and Electric Company natural gas customer, you should be aware of this important gas safety information.

Pacific Gas and Electric Company is committed to providing safe, reliable natural gas service. We maintain all our gas lines in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation and California Public Utilities Commission pipeline safety regulations.

As a natural gas pipeline operator, Pacific Gas and Electric Company is required by federal law to notify all customers of the following:

  • Customer-owned, buried natural gas piping should be inspected periodically for leaks and, if the piping is metallic, also for corrosion.
  • Examples of this piping are any buried piping from the gas service delivery location to your house or appliances, or from the house to a swimming pool heater or spa.
  • If any gas leaks or evidence of corrosion to metallic piping are found, you should take immediate steps to correct it.
  • When digging near buried gas piping, locate the piping in advance, and dig by hand.

Contact a certified plumbing contractor in your area to help you locate and inspect your BURIED gas piping. Call 811 to locate underground utility-owned facilities. If you have questions about this notice, call Pacific Gas and Electric Company at 1-800-743-5000.


What types of energy resources make up PG&E's power mix?

PG&E delivers some of the cleanest electric power in the nation: on average, more than 50% of the electricity delivered to our 15 million customers emits no carbon.

Note: Delivery mix includes all of PG&Es owned generation plus all of PG&Es power purchases.

PG&E works with its customers, communities, and various stakeholders and agencies to find innovative ways to procure and deliver clean energy. We are planning for the future by exploring new technologies that harvest energy from the sun, ocean waves, tidal currents, and agricultural waste. And we are actively involved in investing in state-of-the-art, cleaner sources of fossil-based power to meet growing demand.

Power Content Label

Note: This content is provided to you under state legislation (Senate Bill 1305), as implemented by the California Energy Commission.

ENERGY RESOURCESPG&E 2008 POWER MIX∗ (Projected)2006 CA POWER MIX∗∗† (For Comparison)
   Biomass and waste   4%   <1%
   Geothermal   4%   4%
   Small hydroelectric   4%   <1%
   Solar   <1%   0%
   Wind   2%   <1%
Large Hydroelectric‡17%31%
Natural Gas44%35%

* At least 95% of PG&E's Power Mix is from PG&E-owned resources, purchased from individual suppliers, or provided by the California Department of Water Resources.

** Percentages are estimated annually by the California Energy Commission based on electricity sold to California consumers during the previous year.

For information about PG&E's Power Mix, contact PG&E at 1-800-743-5000. For information about the CA Power Mix or for general information about the Power Content Label, contact the California Energy Commission at 1-800-555-7794 or www.energy.ca.gov/consumer.

† 75 percent of California's electric supply is generated or purchased by the state's investor-owned utilities, the majority of the state's municipal utilities, and various other retail energy providers. The 2006 "CA Power Mix" shown above lists the remaining 25 percent of California's power that is generated or purchased from other sources.

‡ A significant amount of the energy generated by PG&E comes clean, large hydroelectric power stations, which under California law, do not qualify as an eligible renewable resource.