Manufactured Gas Plants
Former Potrero Power Plant, San Francisco
Former Potrero Power Plant | Site Overview | Cleanup Areas & Recent Activities | FAQ | Archive
PG&E is committed to addressing environmental impacts from our historical operations. As part of this commitment, we are conducting investigation and remediation work at the site of the former Potrero Power Plant and a portion of the adjacent Pier 70 property. PG&E is voluntarily cleaning up potential impacts from a former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) that operated on the property from the 1870s to the 1930s, as well as impacts from our former operation of the Potrero Power Plant.
PG&E is conducting this work in collaboration with the Port of San Francisco and other stakeholder groups, under the oversight of the Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) and a number of local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
PG&E has prepared a draft Feasibility Study (FS) for the Northeast Area of the former Potrero Power Plant Property (and a portion of the Port of San Francisco's Pier 70 Property). The draft FS has been submitted to the Water Board and Public Comment was solicited over a 30-day period closed on October 23rd. Click here (PDF, 3.4 MB) to view for more information about the draft FS.
- Draft Feasibility Study Fact Sheet and Public Comment Period Notice (PDF, 3.4 MB)
- Recent News Article: PG&E Proposes Potrero Power Plant Remediation Strategy to Water Board
- June 2012 Project Update (PDF, 931 KB)
- April 2012 Progress Update (PDF, 420 KB)
- December 2011 project update (PDF, 131 KB)
- November 2011 project update (PDF, 130 KB)
- Potrero MGP Fact Sheet (PDF, 2.3 MB) - September 2011
- Regional Water Board Resources & Contact Information
For more information, please contact the PG&E Environmental Remediation Information and Response Line at 1-866-247-0581 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.