New Solar Homes Partnership—How to Apply
NSHP Reservation Application Process
|Step 1||Complete an online reservation or use the NSHP-1 Reservation Application Form and include the supporting documents specified in Section 5 of the application. Follow the NSHP Reservation Checklist to ensure that you are submitting complete and accurate information to avoid processing delays.|
|Step 2||PG&E will review your application for completeness and accuracy and conduct a plan review to confirm eligibility for the program. You will receive a reservation approval after your application is deemed complete and eligible for NSHP.|
Incentive Payment Process
|Step 3||Install the solar energy system and complete all inspections required by the local building department, PG&E's Generation Interconnection Services, and HERS field verification for program purposes.|
|Step 4||Complete the NSHP-2 Incentive Claim Form (hardcopy required) and supporting documents specified in Section 6 of the application. Follow the NSHP Payment Checklist to ensure that you are submitting complete and accurate information to avoid processing delays.|
|Step 5||PG&E will review the claim for completeness and accuracy and confirm successful inspections before issuing the incentive payment.|
NSHP-1 Reservation Application Form
Note: Supporting documents depend on the type of your project (see application for requirements)
NSHP – 2 supporting documents:
- NSHP-3 Ten-year Warranty Form
- STD-204 Payee Data Record
- Lease or Power Purchase Agreement, if applicable
To be verified by PG&E:
- Final EPBI Documentation (CF-4R-PV) – required if generated from CHEERS data registry
- Final Energy Efficiency Documentation (CF-4R and CF-4R-EE NSHP) – verified online in the HERS Registry
- Utility Approval of Interconnection - verified internally
The following forms are either produced by the CECPV Calculator or provided by the solar energy system installer or HERS Rater:
- EPBI Documentation – CF-1R-PV Compliance Form, CF-6R-PV Installation Form, CF-4R-PV Field Verification and Diagnostic Testing.
- Energy Efficiency Documentation - CF-1R Compliance Form, CF-6R Installation Form, CF-4R Field Verification and Diagnostic Testing.
NSHP Bulkload Spreadsheet can be used to submit production housing developments under one reservation application.
- Your energy consultant will prepare the CF-1R form for the energy efficiency measures and solar contractor the CF-1R-PV form for the solar energy system to be submitted for review with the reservation application. Upon approval of your application, PG&E will upload the PV and energy efficiency files to the HERS Provider's data registry for your rater to complete the field verification process online.
- Have the energy efficiency measures and the solar energy system installed consistent with the CF-1R and CF-1R-PV forms. If there are any changes to either the energy efficiency measures or the solar energy system installation, they must be documented in a revised CF-1R or CF-1R-PV form and resubmitted to PG&E for review and approval.
- Make sure that the installer(s) completes the CF-6R form for the energy efficiency measures for each home and the CF-6R-PV form for each solar energy system. Provide copies of each CF-6R and CF-6R-PV to the HERS Rater prior to the field inspection. You may also need to provide the rater with a site plan that a) identifies the species of all preexisting, planted and planned trees and the location and height of any structures which will be built on the lot and neighboring lots of the building with the solar system; and b) shows the bearing of the property lines, the azimuth and tilt or roof pitch of each PV array.
- Arrange to have the installed energy efficiency measures and solar energy system field verified by the HERS Rater. Consider using the same HERS Provider and HERS Rater for the field verification of both the solar energy system and energy efficiency measures. After completing the diagnostic testing and field verification for each of the energy efficiency measures needed to meet Tier I or Tier II levels, the rater completes the CF-4R and CF-4R-EE NSHP forms. The HERS Rater also completes the field verification of the solar energy system and prepares the CF-4R-PV form. All verification forms must be generated through the HERS Provider's data registry.
- Notify your NSHP project manager of any changes in the field as they occur for they would have to be reviewed and approved before you can receive the final incentive. If the CF-4R, CF-4R-EE NSHP or CF-4R-PV forms indicate that the actual energy efficiency measures or solar energy system installation are inconsistent with the CF-1R or the CF-1R-PV, either the installation must be changed to correct the problem or revised forms must be resubmitted to PG&E to match the actual installations.