CSI Documents—Business Customers Less Than 10kW
PLEASE NOTE: Faxes will not be accepted. To ensure confirmation of receipt, it is recommended that documentation be delivered by certified or overnight mail. Hand deliveries will not be accepted.
- Two-Step Process Diagram (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Two-Step Process Forms and Documentation Requirements list (PDF, 13 KB)
Reservation Request Documents
- Electrical System Sizing Documentation (new/expanded load only for systems greater than 5kW)Except for systems of 5 kW or less, which need no sizing documentation, to confirm that participating distributed generation systems will not exceed the capacity of the Host Customer’s previous 12-month historical usage, all Applicants for projects at new construction and/or major renovation must submit a copy of the data and calculations used to determine electrical system size.
- Certification of Tax-Exempt StatusAny Government and Non-Profit entities must include a certification under penalty of perjury from their chief financial officer or equivalent that they are a Government or Non-Profit entity and that the system is not receiving, and will not in the future receive, federal tax benefits through financial arrangements (i.e., the System Owner if a third-party, which will be receiving tax benefits from the system). This certification must be renewed annually if receiving PBI payments.
- Documentation of Energy Efficiency AuditAll customers are required to have an energy efficiency audit conducted. Customers will be responsible for submitting a copy of a completed energy efficiency audit to the Utility Program Administrator with their solar incentive application. A customer can, however, be exempt from an audit if documentation is provided which shows that an energy efficiency audit was completed within the past 36 months, the facility is Energy Star or LEED certified, or the facility is Title 24 energy efficiency compliance within the past 3 years. See Section 2.3 of the CSI Handbook for more details.
Copy of Signed Energy Efficiency Disclosure Form (DOC, 45 KB)
- Printout of EPBB Tool CalculationCalculate your estimated incentive with the Expected Performance Based Buydown (EPBB) Calculator and print the results.
- Copy of Executed Agreement of Solar System Purchase and Installation, including warranty languageAll Applicants must submit a copy of an executed agreement to purchase and install the solar system at the time of submitting the Reservation Request Form. This agreement must also include warranty language to meet the warranty requirements.
- Executed Alternative System Ownership AgreementIf the System Owner is not the Host Customer, applicant must submit a copy of Executed Alternative System Ownership agreement with the Reservation Request Form.
- Proof of at least 15% above current Title 24 Standards (Customized New Construction Only).Compliance documents used to demonstrate Title 24 compliance, including the PERF-1 form and accompanying supporting forms, shall be provided as proof of attainment of the Tier I or Tier II levels. Compliance documents shall be completed by persons who are Certified Energy Plan Examiners (CEPE) by the California Association of Building Energy Consultants (CABEC).
- Building Site Plan (Customized New Construction Only).Identifies the height category (small, medium, or large) of all pre-existing, planted, and planned trees and the location and height of any structures which will be built on the lot and neighboring lots of the building with the solar system. Shows the bearing of the property lines and the azimuth and tilt or roof pitch of each PV array.
- Copy of New Construction Building Permit (Customized New Construction Only).All customized new construction projects require submittal of the new construction building permit in order to identify applicable Title 24 requirements.
Incentive Claim Documents
Incentive Claim Form (Rev 07/15/2009) (XLS, 119 KB)
- Copy of PMRS Cost Cap Exemption DocumentationEPBB systems must either submit a copy of the executed PMRS contract identified above or the Cost Cap Exemption Documentation. For a list of PMRS eligible providers please visit the CPUC website
- (PBI Only) Copy of Executed PDP ContractAll PBI systems are required to have a PDP and therefore a copy of the executed contract for a PDP, a letter from the PDP stating the Host Customer has purchased its service, or an invoice from the Solar Contractor clearly showing the PDP information must be provided. Whichever document is submitted must clearly identify the PDP information, including the name of the PDP, the product or service purchased and the term of agreement, along with the address of the associated solar energy system site.
- Revised Printout of EPBB Tool Calculation (if applicable)Calculate your estimated incentive with the Expected Performance Based Buydown (EPBB) Calculator and print the results.
Signed Field Verification Certification Form(for Reservation Request Applications received on or after 7/1/09)
- Copy of Retro-commissioning Report (EPBB Existing Commercial buildings greater than 100,000 sq ft and Benchmarking <75)Existing Non-Residential EPBB Customers with a building size over 100,00 sq ft that had a Benchmarking rating of less than 75 are required to have Retro-Commissioning conducted on their building. As proof, the customer will need to provide the Retro-Commissioning Report with the Incentive Claim documents.
Other Solar Electric Generating Technologies
Reservation request form and guidelines specific to other solar electric generating technologies
- Reservation Request Form (Rev 10/21/08) (XLS, 656 KB)
- Reservation Application Guide (Rev 9/25/08) (PDF, 20 KB)
Back to Handbook and Forms.