Linear Fluorescent T12 Lighting Rebate Program
PG&E Extends Energy Efficient Lighting Rebates Through 2012
New Federal efficiency standards for fluorescent lighting will take effect on July 14, 2012, which will impact the price and availability of many T12 lamps in the marketplace.
In many retail business and professional offices, lighting typically accounts for 30% of the energy bill, so we understand the impact the new regulations may have on businesses and–in particular–customers who plan to use PG&E's lighting rebates and incentives.
The information in this brochure provides important details about PG&E’s rebates, and how you can take advantage of available incentives before the end of the year.
What This Means To You
In an effort to support our business customers and facilitate a smooth transition to the new federal standards, PG&E will continue to offer incentives through December 31, 2012 for the following lighting efficiency improvements:
- Upgrade from T12 to a T8 lamp and electronic ballast.
- De-lamp T12s.
- Upgrade T12 fixtures to more efficient interior fixtures.
By extending our rebate, you’ll have greater opportunity to reduce your out-of-pocket installation costs, and upgrade to more efficient lighting systems that provide long-lasting energy and cost savings.
The following lighting products do not meet the new federal standards:
- Most F40 and F34T12 lamps and almost all FB40 and FB34T12 U-lamps.
- All 75W F96T12 lamps.
- All 60W F96T12/ES lamps, with the exception of a few 700/SP and 800/SPX lamps.
- All conventional 110W F96T12 HO lamps that deliver fewer than 10,120 lumens.
- All 95W F96T12/ES/HO, unless they can provide at least 8,740 lumens.
Please contact your PG&E account representative or the Business Customer Service Center at 1-800-468-4743 to help you identify the lamp models that do and don’t qualify for PG&E’s rebates and incentives.
The following are key deadlines for PG&E programs that provide money back on energy-efficient lighting upgrades.
- System must be purchased and installed by
December 31, 2012.
- Application and documentation must be submitted by
March 1, 2013.
Customized Retrofit Program
- Project completed by mid-November; Post Inspection completed by December 31, 2012.
PG&E offers a wide range of programs to meet your needs, depending on industry, geographic region and energy usage.
Contact your PG&E account representative or the Business Customer Service Center at 1-800-468-4743 to direct you to the resource or program that best meets your specific needs and budget:
Find Rebates Fast
Your Next Steps with PG&E
Contact PG&E at
1-800-468-4743 for more information on the specific changes to existing standards and available incentive on lighting efficiency upgrades.