Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
LED Directional Replacement Lamp Program Launch
On April 1, 2013, PG&E launched a new incentive program for LED PAR & MR directional replacement lamps. In partnership with electrical distributors throughout our service territory, PG&E will offer incentives for ENERGY STAR® qualified PAR & MR replacement lamps to non-residential customers.
Contact a participating distributor (PDF, 70 KB) to help you choose a high quality, energy efficient lamps that can help reduce your energy costs.
Need Help Selecting LED Lights for Your Business?
Visit the Lux Lighting Showcase
Watch this video to learn more.
Everything you want to know about LEDs
As with any technology, not all LEDs perform equally. In the case of emerging technologies especially, some time will pass before a level of consistently high performance can be achieved across the industry. Recent tests conducted by the Department of Energy revealed that some LED products did not meet manufacturers’ claims and some were no more efficient than conventional light sources.
Purchasing the wrong LED product could be a costly mistake, given their current high prices. This is why PG&E and other California utility companies are working to create programs that will mitigate this risk and help customers select quality LED products appropriate for their applications. Such programs will offer rebates for pre-qualified LED fixtures that meet stringent performance specifications such as those validated by third-party or ENERGY STAR® testing. This site will serve as a portal to information about existing and new PG&E LED programs. Please visit often for updates.
PG&E offers rebates as well as calculated incentives on many LED products, please see the links below and select the option that best fits your project.
- LED Street Lights
Incentives for municipal customers interested in retrofitting their street lights with LED fixtures.
- LED Refrigerated and Frozen Food Case Program
Incentives for commercial customers for replacing fluorescent and other less efficient refrigerated and frozen food case lighting systems with qualified LED fixtures.
- LED Street Light Turnkey Replacement Service
PG&E offers a one-stop solution for customers who want to upgrade their existing street lights to LED fixtures.
- Energy Efficiency Rebates for Your Business (PDF, 2 MB)
PG&E's business program offers a rebate for ENERGY STAR LED Surface, Pendant and Recessed Downlight and other various lighting technologies.
Continuing technology improvements to LEDs have helped make some products a more cost-effective energy saving option. Appropriate applications for LED products include areas with long operating hours, difficult maintenance requirements, or directional lighting needs. Some examples include replacing recessed can downlights, HID parking garage and pole-mounted fixtures, and task lighting systems.
- Customized Retrofit Incentives
PG&E offers technical assistance and calculated incentives for replacing equipment to achieve energy efficiency. Energy efficiency benefits your business by reducing energy costs and improving operations.
- T8 LED lamps replacing linear fluorescent lamps, including those qualified by the DesignLights Consortium, do not qualify for calculated incentives.
Contact your Account Representative or call the PG&E Business Customer Service Center at
New LED Products
LED Exterior Lighting Rebates
LED High Bay Rebates (coming in November)
- Find a Participating Distributor for LED Replacement Lamp Rebates
- Information on Linear Fluorescent Rebates
- ENERGY STAR® - Learn About LEDs
- Department of Energy – Solid State Lighting
- Department of Energy - Technology Fact Sheets (LEDs)
- Table of Pre-Qualified LED Fixtures/ Luminaires (PDF)
- Table of Pre-Qualified LED Fixtures/ Luminaires (Excel)
- Table of Pre-Qualified Integral LED Lamps (PDF)
- Table of Pre-Qualified Integral LED Lamps (Excel)