Business Energy Coalition Program
The Business Energy Coalition (BEC) program represents an innovative hybrid approach to demand response. With the assistance of dedicated staff and advanced proprietary technology, BEC members work together to achieve collective demand-reduction goals, not just individual ones, enjoying the added flexibility and control of being part of the group.
- Performance evaluation of program members is partly based on the overall performance of the BEC member group during a curtailment event.
- The BEC program conducts a thorough demand response assessment and works closely with member-facility staff to create a custom step-by-step protocol designed to achieve their committed reduction goal.
- Installation of advanced real-time meter monitoring equipment on site and access to Enjoin5.0, the BEC’s proprietary web-based energy-management application, allows BEC members to collect and analyze their electrical usage data in 15 minute intervals.
- Program members receive an annual incentive payment of up to $75 per kW of reduction committed.
- Program participants will be notified of a curtailment event by the BEC on a Day-Ahead or an Hour-Ahead (in case of system emergency) basis. Curtailment events are limited to five hours. A maximum of five curtailments can be called per month and total of 125 hours can be called during a program year. The curtailment widow is 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Membership in the BEC program is open to large commercial customers that have never participated in a PG&E demand response event and have rejected enrollment in at least one PG&E demand response program other than the BEC program.
For additional information about the Business Energy Coalition, please call 415-973-0537. For detailed information, please review the tariff (PDF, 124 KB) for this program or visit www.businessenergycoalition.org