First Responders Workshops
First Responder workshops are held at various locations across the PG&E service area and take place throughout the year.
The Workshops are designed to provide First Responders with the information needed to educate response personnel about emergencies involving natural gas and electric utility equipment and services. Information about additional educational resources and where to order educational materials will be provided during the class. Learn more about ordering additional educational resources.
This First Responder Workshop will cover a wide variety of topics and are led by gas pipeline subject matter experts. Note: This workshop is being held in coordination with many other gas pipeline companies (see below).
- Identify important components of natural gas utility infrastructure and recognize emergency conditions
- Use best practices to handle natural gas emergencies and adhere to specific do's and don'ts when on the scene of an emergency
- Respond to natural gas hazards and avoid dangers presented by migrating natural gas and secondary ignition sources
- Gain knowledge about natural gas emergency response checklists and response scenarios
- Opportunity for you to meet with individual companies, ask questions and obtain more information about our pipelines
- Properties of Natural Gas Demonstration
- Free Communication Hand Outs
Note: This workshop is hosted by the following companies: Kern River Gas Transmission, Kinder Morgan Pipeline, Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Questar Southern Trails Gas Company, Southern California Gas Company, Southwest Gas Corporation, Transwestern Gas Company, and Unisource Energy Services