Power Quality Notes
- Power Quality in Your Home (PDF, 575 KB)
Ensure the life and reliable operation of your home electronics.
- Power Quality Checklist (PDF, 30 KB)
Identify and solve power problems for sensitive equipment.
- Power System Harmonics (PDF, 182 KB)
Learn about power system harmonics, their potential problems and solutions.
- Understanding Electrical Power Characteristics (PDF, 118 KB)
Learn about voltage ranges, power components, electrical disturbances, and more.
- Voltage Tolerance Boundary (PDF, 192 KB)
The computer industry guideline for data center electrical distribution environments.
- Short Duration Voltage Sags (PDF, 313 KB)
Learn what causes sags, their impacts and possible solutions.
- Lightning Protection (PDF, 24 KB)
Learn how to safeguard almost any facility, equipment, or person.
- Telecommunications Interference (PDF, 108 KB)
This Power Note discusses the basics of telecommunication interference.
- Performance Grounding and Wiring for Sensitive Equipment (PDF, 409 KB)
Learn the basics of grounding design and applicable NEC grounding requirements. Additional guidance is presented beyond the NEC requirements to establish maximum performance associated with sensitive electronic equipment grounding.
Variable Frequency Drives
- Publications (PDF, 34 KB)
A list of Power Quality publications that may be of interest.
- References (PDF, 16 KB)
A list of reference books and articles on various power quality topics. This reference material may also be available at your local bookstore, library or online store.
- Power Quality Standards (PDF, 17 KB)
Standards and guidelines are continually being developed to help you interface sensitive electronic equipment with the real world and help you avoid power quality problems. This list is available for your reference.
- Vendors and Manufacturers (PDF, 510 KB)
A list of vendors and manufacturers of power quality equipment. PG&E does not endorse any vendor or manufacturer nor are these complete or accurate lists of all vendors and manufacturers.
- Consultants (PDF, 37 KB)
A list of power quality consultants. PG&E does not endorse any consultant nor is this a complete or accurate list of all consultants.