2014 Supplier Diversity Events
As a service to our diverse business community, PG&E’s Supplier Diversity team is pleased to present this calendar of events page. The events listed are specific to promoting business activities, such as match-making, business expos, conferences and other types of networking activities. Please note the events listed may require a registration or fee to attend. It is recommended to directly contact the sponsoring organization for more specific logistical information. If available, a website link for either the event or the hosting organization has been posted. If you wish to have your business event or activity posted, please send your request to the PG&E Supplier Diversity Team.
2014 Supplier Diversity Events
|7/29/2014||National Gay Lesbian Chamber of Commerce 2014 National Business & Leadership Conference||Las Vegas, NV|
|8/13/2014||California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce 2014 CHCC Annual Convention and Expo||Garden Grove, CA|
|8/14/2014||Western Region Minority Supplier Development Council 36th Annual Minority Business Opportunity Expo||Santa Clara, CA|
|8/14/2014||Anew America Microbusiness Expo & Celebration||Oakland, CA|
|8/20/2014||California Black Chamber of Commerce 2014 Ron Brown Business and Economic Summit||Los Angeles, CA|
|8/20/2014||Elite SDVOB The Elite SDVOB Network National Convention||New York, NY|
|8/28/2014||Northern California Certified Small Businesses Association NorCal Certified Small Business August Meeting||San Jose, CA|
|9/10/2014||Small Business Administration Diverse Suppliers are Safe Workshop||San Luis Obispo, CA|
|9/18/2014||Astra Women's Business Alliance Annual Conference (Diverse Suppliers are Safe and Diverse Suppliers Go Green)||San Ramon, CA|
|9/19/2014||U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce National Convention and Expo||Salt Lake City, UT|
|9/22/2014||North American Energy Markets Association 2014 Fall Conference||Denver, CO|
|9/23/2014||Electric Utility Industry Sustainable Supply Chain Alliance 2014 Alliance Signature Event & Annual Meeting||Orlando, FL|
|10/1/2014||California Department of Veterans Affairs First Annual CalVet Veteran Business||Sacramento, CA|
|10/3/2014||San Francisco MED Week and ASIAN Inc.'s Award Gala||San Francisco, CA|
|10/6/2014||Pacific Gas and Electric Company Leadership Workshop for LGBT Firms (in partnerships with GGBA)||San Francisco, CA|
|10/9/2014||California Public Utilities Commission EnBanc||Los Angeles, CA|
|10/9/2014||Alliance for Community Development Bay Area Capital Connections Investing in an Inclusive Economy||Oakland, CA|
|10/17/2014||Pacific Gas and Electric Company Diverse Supplier Go Global Workshop (in partnership with WRMSDC) ||San Francisco, CA|
|October||Pacific Gas & Electric Company 2014 Supplier Conference||San Ramon, CA|
|11/2/2014||National Minority Supplier Development Council Conference and Business Opportunity Fair||Orlando, FL|
|11/13/2014||Inner City Advisors All In 2014||Oakland, CA|
|11/13/2014||California Public Utilities Commission CPUC Small Business Expo||Sacramento, CA|
|11/20/2014||American Indian Chamber of Commerce Annual Commemoration of Native American Heritage Month||Anaheim, CA|
The following tips may be resourceful in your efforts to do business with PG&E, as well as other companies you visit during outreach or networking events.
- Be prepared and efficient in introducing your company’s products and services. Practice your two-minute introduction. If possible prior to the event, spend time researching the companies you are planning to meet.
- Does your business card list current information, and does it state the services or products offered by your company? In today’s state of technology, it is of value to have available electronic versions of your brochures or company materials. In addition, if you have a website, is your site current?
- After your initial meetings, follow up with contacts by email or telephone call in a timely manner.
- If you are a diverse (woman-, minority-, service disabled Veteran-owned) vendor, be sure to apply for diverse certification with the CPUC Supplier Clearinghouse. If your business is certified, keep your certification current.
- Complete a PG&E supplier profile online.