2012 Renewables Portfolio Standard
On December 10, 2012 the Commission approved the 2012 Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Procurement Plan that was filed on November 29th, in response to D.12-11-016. In this RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers for bundled energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERRs) and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2012 RPS RFO Targeted Schedule
|PG&E Issues RFO||December 10|
|Deadline for Participant to submit registration for Bidders’ Webinar||December 17|
|Bidders' Webinar||December 20 at 10:00 A.M.- Noon PPT|
|Window for PG&E to receive Offer(s). Offers will not be accepted after February 6th, 5:00 P.M. PPT.||January 29 - February 6, 2013 5:00 P.M. PPT|
|PG&E selects shortlist||April 1, 2013 has been delayed. The notification letters will be sent no later than April 23, 2013.|
|Execution of Final Agreements and Submit for CPUC Approval||TBD|
|PG&E 2012 RPS Solicitation Shortlist Expires||April 17, 2014|
2012 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
Attachments D1 and D2 notice: Attachments are located in the zip file name, “Attachment D1: General Offer Form" and "Attachment D2: REC Offer Form”. To open (unzip) the files, double-click on the zip file. You may then be prompted to specify where you want to store the extracted files. Once extracted, please make sure you Enable Macros otherwise the worksheet will not function properly.
- 2012 Solicitation Protocol (PDF, 218 KB) Updated 12-20-2012
- RPS RFO Attachments:
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Terms and Conditions (PDF, 16 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 44 KB)
- Attachment C: Bidders’ Webinar Registration Form (XLS, 55 KB)
- Attachment D1: General Offer Form (ZIP, 419 KB) Updated 1-16-2013
- Attachment D2: REC Offer Form (ZIP, 293 KB) Updated 12-20-2012
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 37 KB)
- Attachment F: Transmission and TRCR (PDF, 116 KB)
- Attachment G: Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 59 KB)
- Attachment H1: Form of Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 646 KB)
- Attachment H2: Form of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) (DOC, 288 KB)
- Attachment I: Detailed Term Sheet (DOC, 66 KB)
- Attachment J: Project Information
- Attachment J1: Project Description (DOC, 47 KB)
- Attachment J2: Other Project Attributes (DOC, 42 KB)
- Attachment J3: Site Control (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment J4: Project Milestone Schedule (DOC, 37 KB)
- Attachment J5: Transmission and Interconnection (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment J6: Experience and Qualifications (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment J7: Supplemental CEC Filing (DOC, 36 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (PDF, 222 KB)
- Attachment L: Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (DOC, 108 KB)
- Attachment M: Request for Taxpayer ID Number (W-9) (PDF, 226 KB)
- Attachment N: Additional Project Information (DOC, 35 KB)
2012 Bidders' Webinar
PG&E's RPS Bidders' Webinar for 2012 was held on December 20, 2012 from 10:00 A.M. to Noon Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT).
The Bidders' Webinar presentation along with the audio, attendee list and the questions from the Webinar are now available.
If the audio portion of the Bidders' Webinar does not open in your browser, you will need to open the Windows Media Player and copy the URL link into your media file application.
- Bidders' Webinar presentation (PDF, 456 KB)
- Bidders' Webinar audio (MP3, 28.6 MB)
- Attendee list from the Webinar (XLS, 63 KB)
- Q&A from the Webinar (PDF, 58 KB)
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
For additional background information pertaining to the CPUC Project Viability Calculator please visit the CPUC website at: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/energy/Renewables/procurement.htm
Transmission Ranking Cost for Potential Generation
On June 27, 2012 PG&E filed the Draft Transmission Ranking Cost Report (PDF, 1.5 MB) ("TRCR") with the Commission.
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, Sixth Edition, August 2012, Publication No. CEC-300-2012-006-CMF (PDF, 1.5 MB).
- Overall Program Guidebook, Fifth Edition, August 2012, Publication No. CEC-300-2012-005-ED5-CMF (PDF, 570 KB).
- Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition, January 2009, Publication No. CEC-300-2009-001-CMF (PDF, 692 KB).
Frequently Asked Questions
For information or questions about PG&E 2012 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com