On May 11, 2011 the Commission approved the 2011 Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Procurement Plan that was filed on May 4, in response to D.11-04-030. In this RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers for bundled energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERRs) and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). PG&E is also soliciting ownership offers, including build-own-transfers and sites for development. Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2011 Renewables RFO Targeted Schedule
|PG&E Issues RFO||May 11|
|Bidders' In-Person Attendance Conference Registration Deadline||May 16|
|Bidders' Conference in the Auditorium of 245 Market St., San Francisco, enter on Beale St.||May 19, 1:00 - 4:30 PPT|
|Deadline for Submission of Offers||June 22 by Noon PPT|
|PG&E selects shortlist||August 22|
|Execution of Final Agreements and Submit for CPUC Approval||TBD|
2011 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
Attachments D1 and D2 notice Please "Enable Macros" each time the file is opened. If you are using a MS Excel version other than 2003, you will need to first save the file type as "Excel 97-2003 workbook (*.xls)" before inputting any data. You may ignore the warning message from MS Excel when you save the version down.
On June 7th, PG&E made modifications to the Solicitation Document and Offer forms. The changes made to these documents are as follows:
D1 & D2: Updated to Instructions tab to include enable macro language.
D2: Revised the auto calculation macro and added the drop down menus for the Canadian provinces with the ability to enter non-numeric characters in the zip code
For both worksheets to work properly, you will need to enable macros and enter the information in sequence.
A redlined version of the protocol document that highlights the changes that were made on June 7th has been posted in place of (or in addition to) the clean version that was posted on June 7th.
- 2011 Solicitation Protocol (DOC, 789 KB) Revised June 7, 2011
- 2011 Solicitation Protocol Redline (DOC, 795 KB) Revised June 7, 2011
- Attachments to Solicitation Protocol.
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Terms and Conditions (DOC, 40 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 50 KB)
- Attachment C: Bidders’ Conference Registration Form (XLS, 45 KB)
- Attachment D1: General Offer Form (05_06072011.XLS, 0.9 MB) Revised June 7, 2011
- Attachment D2: REC Offer Form (XLS, 549 KB) Revised June 7, 2011
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 533 KB)
- Attachment F: FERC Order 717 Waiver (DOC, 31 KB)
- Attachment G: Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 61 KB)
- Attachment H1: Form of Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 955 KB) Revised May 11, 2011
- Attachment H2: Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) + Firm Energy Agreement (DOC, 382 KB) Revised to the cover sheet - June 17, 2011
- Attachment H3: Purchase and Sale Agreement for RECs (DOC, 416 KB) Revised to the cover sheet - June 17, 2011
- Attachment I: Detailed Term Sheet (DOC, 73 KB)
- Attachment J: Key Commercial Terms for RFO Ownership (DOC, 117 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (DOC, 212 KB) Revised 06-10-2011
- Attachment L: Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (DOC, 29 KB)
- Attachment M: CHP Facility Information (DOC, 43 KB)
- Attachment N: Request for Taxpayer ID Number (W-9) (PDF, 226 KB)
- LMP Multipliers (XLS, 72 KB)
2011 Bidders' Conference
PG&E's RPS Bidders' Conference for 2011 was held at the Auditorium of PG&E's San Francisco Headquarters, 245 Market Street On May 19, 2011 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
The presentation materials, attendance list and the Q&A's are posted below.
- 2011 Bidders' Conference (PPT, 423 KB)
- 2011 Bidders' Conference Audio (MP3, 109.3 MB)
- Attendance List (XLS, 55 KB)
- Questions and Answers (DOC, 74 KB) Updated 06-15-2011
To listen to the audio file, copy the URL and then open the URL from your media player.
Additional Questions and Answers
06-17-2011 (DOC, 34 KB)
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
For additional background information pertaining to the CPUC Project Viablity Calculator please visit the CPUC website at: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/energy/Renewables/procurement.htm
Transmission Ranking Cost for Potential Generation
On January 20, 2010 PG&E filed Draft Transmission Ranking Cost Report (PDF, 459 KB) ("TRCR") with the Commission. The TRCRs for the 2011 RPS were approved on February 9, 2011 under R. 08-08-009 (PDF, 108 KB).
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, Fourth Edition, January 2011, Publication No. CEC-300-2010-007-CMF (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Overall Program Guidebook, January 2011, Publication No. CEC-300-2010-008-CMF (PDF, 343 KB)
- Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition, Publication No. CEC-300-2009-001-CMF (PDF, 692 KB)
For information or questions about PG&E 2010 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com