Renewable energy resources presently provide approximately 32% of Pacific Gas and Electric Company's (PG&E's) total electric portfolio, including 12% from resources eligible under California's Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Program. PG&E is seeking new contracts with generators to increase the level of RPS-eligible renewable generation to 20% by 2010-2012. In this 2008 Renewables RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers from sellers pursuant to which PG&E would enter into agreements to purchase energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERR) meeting PG&E's resource needs and California's RPS program for the years 2008 and beyond. Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2008 Renewables RFO Targeted Schedule
|PG&E Issues RFO||March 7, 2008|
|Notice of Intent to Bid Due||March 14, 2008|
|Bidders Conference||March 17, 2008|
|Deadline for Submission of Bids||May 12, 2008|
|PG&E selects shortlist of Offers and consults with PRG||July 1, 2008|
|CPUC issues Market Price Referent (MPR)||2nd or 3rd Q, 2008|
|Execution of Final Agreements and Submit for CPUC Approval||December 31, 2008|
2008 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
- 2008 RPS Solicitation Protocol, Issued March 7, 2007 (PDF, 270 KB)
- Attachments to Solicitation Protocol
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Agreement (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 41 KB)
- Attachment C: Notice of Intent to Bid (DOC, 50 KB)
- Attachment D: Offer Form (XLS, 322 KB) Revised 04-10-08
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 500 KB)
- Attachment F: FERC Order 2004 Waiver (DOC, 32 KB)
- Attachment G: Form of Power Purchase and Sale Agreement for As-Available Product (Whether or not eligible to participate in the Eligible Intermittent Resource Program (EIRP)) (DOC, 599 KB)
- Attachment H: Form of Power Purchase and Sale Agreement for a Baseload, Peaking, or Dispatchable Product (DOC, 710 KB)
- Attachment I: Term Sheet- Buyout Option (DOC, 71 KB)
- Attachment J: Term Sheet - Purchase and Sale Agreement (PSA) (DOC, 118 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (DOC, 108 KB)
- Attachment L: Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 63 KB)
- Attachment M: Short Term Offers: Amended (DOC, 428 KB)
2008 Bidders Conference
The 2008 RPS Bidder's Conference was held on March 17, 2008 located in the auditorium at 245 Market Street in San Francisco. The presentation can be viewed from the bullet below.
- 2008 RPS Bidders Conference presentation (PPT, 357 KB)
We had several questions come in from the attendees at the conference as well as attendees on the phone and webinar. The questions and answers are posted below. We will be updating the Q&A periodically.
Over 130 people attended the Bidder's Conference either in person or via phone or Webinar. We had several request to publish the list of all of the attendees at the Bidder's Conference.
PG&E conducted the Bidders Workshop on April 11, 2008 at 245 Market Street in San Francisco.
To view the presentation to Attachment D (PPT, 1.5 MB) and the Guidance for Inputs to the Power Purchase Agreement (PPT, 259 KB) run this in slide show mode. Below are the list of questions that came up during the workshop. If you have any questions send an email to the RenewableRFO@pge.com.
Questions and Answers (PDF, 12 KB) from the April 11 workshop.
Transmission Ranking Cost for Potential Generation
On January 18, 2008 the Commisson approved the Transmission Ranking Cost Reports for the 2008 RPS solicitation.
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
On August 1, 2007 PG&E filed with the CPUC the 2008 Renewable Energy Procurement Plan.
2008 Procurement Plan (PDF, 1.4 MB)
On August 10, 2007, PG&E filed an Amendment to the 2008 Renewable Energy Procurement Plan in response the Assigned Commissioner's Ruling. The ruling asked each of the IOU's to provide comment on the RFO for short-term contracts and postponing or foregoing of the 2008 RPS solicitation.
2008 Plan Amendment (PDF, 277 KB) dated August 10, 2007 (Amendment No. 1)
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, Second Edition, March 2007, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-006-CMF (PDF, 419 KB)
- New Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, March 2007, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-002-CMF (PDF, 466 KB)
- Overall Program Guidebook, March 2007, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-003-CMF (PDF, 188 KB)
- Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Fourth Addition, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-005-CMF (PDF, 346 KB)
For information or questions about this PG&E 2008 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com