2013 Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit Request For Offers (GHG Offset Credit RFO)
PG&E is issuing this GHG Offset Credit RFO to solicit offers of Offset Credits to satisfy PG&E’s compliance obligations under the Cap-and-Trade Regulations adopted by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) as part of CARB’s implementation of AB 32.
PG&E requests that sellers that meet the criteria established in the GHG Offset Credit RFO Protocol submit one or more offers to sell Offset Credits as defined by and pursuant to the Cap-and-Trade Regulations.
All times are in Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT)
|PG&E issues GHG Offset Credit RFO||March 25, 2013|
|Deadline to submit the Notice of Intent to Participate||April 15, 2013 by 5:00 P.M.|
|Outreach Session at the Navigating the American Carbon World Conference - Palace Hotel, San Francisco, CA, (Mendocino Room). See the Outreach Logistics below for more details.||April 16, 2013 12:15 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.|
|Deadline to submit questions for the Participants’ Webinar to PG&E via email to GHGRFO@pge.com||April 24, 2013 by 5:00 P.M.|
|Deadline to submit registration for Participants’ Webinar||April 26, 2013 by 5:00 P.M.|
|Participants’ Webinar||May 1, 2013 10:00 A.M.|
|Deadline for Participants to submit completed Offer(s), including Offer Deposit(s). Offers may be submitted any time between May 28, 2013 and the Deadline, but will not be evaluated until after the Deadline.||June 4, 2013 by 1:00 P.M. PPT|
|PG&E notifies Shortlisted Participants and requests Shortlist Deposit||August 16, 2013|
|Deadline to notify PG&E of acceptance of shortlist position from PG&E and to post Shortlist Deposit||August 30, 2013 by 5:00 P.M.|
|Target timeframe for execution of Agreements||September 2, 2013 and ongoing|
PG&E held an Outreach Session in San Francisco at the Palace Hotel (Mendocino Room) on April 16th. At this Session, PG&E provided an overview of the RFO Protocol and accompanying information, and answered general questions about the RFO. Information provided at this Session will also be provided to all Participants at the Participants’ Webinar or through PG&E’s GHG Offset Credit RFO website.
- QandA from Outreach Session (PDF, 63 KB)
- Outreach Session presentation (PDF, 205 KB)
- Due to a technical issue, we are not able to post the audio file from the Outreach Session.
PG&E held a Participants' Webinar on May 1, 2013.
The Participants' Webinar presentation along with the audio, from the Webinar are now available. Questions from the webinar will be available at a later time.
If the audio portion of the Participants' Webinar does not open in your browser, you will need to open the Windows Media Player and copy the URL link into your media file application.
- 2013 GHG RFO Offset Credits Presentation (PDF, 306 KB)
- Participants' Webinar audio (MP3, 10.2 MB)
- Q&A from the Webinar (PDF, 179 KB)
Participants may submit multiple offers and up to three variations per offer by providing one Offer Form for each offer and/or variation. When submitting offers, please limit the size of emails to 10 MB (inclusive of attachments). If submitting multiple emails for an offer, please clearly identify the submission by using the convention in the email subject header "Bid ID XXXXXXX 1 of X". The BID ID for an offer may be found on the completed Offer Form. For complete and detailed information about the offer submission process, see the RFO Protocol.
- Checklist For Offset Credit Offers (PDF, 39 KB)
GHG Offset Credit RFO Protocol, Purchase Agreement, and Related Information
- RFO Protocol (PDF, 430 KB) Updated 4-03-2013
- Appendix A - Offer Form (36.ZIP, 307 KB) Updated 5-01-2013
- Appendix B - Offer Agreement (PDF, 19 KB)
- Appendix C - RFO Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 56 KB)
- Appendix D - Form of Master Allowance/Offset Credit Purchase Agreement (DOC, 195 KB)
- Appendix E - Form of Offset Credit Confirmation (DOC, 102 KB)
- Appendix F - Notice of Intent to Participate (XLS, 83 KB)
- Appendix G - Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (XLS, 109 KB)
- Appendix H - Credit and Finance Information (DOC, 39 KB)
- Appendix I - Offset Credit Project Information (DOC, 72 KB)
- Appendix J - Request for Taxpayer ID (PDF, 84 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to create a GIS file using Google Earth (PDF, 151 KB)
- General Program Questions (PDF, 331 KB) Updated 6-03-2013
CARB Reference Materials
- Cap-and-Trade regulation
- Compliance Offset Protocol Livestock Projects (PDF, 447 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol Ozone Depleting Substances Projects (PDF, 452 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol Urban Forest Projects (PDF, 398 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol U.S. Forest Projects (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- CARB Cap and Trade Website
For information or questions about PG&E's GHG RFO, email: GHGRFO@pge.com.