Greenhouse Gas Allowances and Offset Credits Request For Offers (GHG RFO)
On September 27, 2006, Governor Schwarzenegger signed California Assembly Bill 32 (AB 32), the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, which seeks to reduce California’s emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs) to 1990 levels by the year 2020.
PG&E is issuing this GHG RFO to solicit offers of allowances and/or offset credits to satisfy PG&E’s compliance obligations under the Cap-and-Trade Regulations adopted by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) as part of CARB’s implementation of AB 32.
PG&E requests that sellers that meet the criteria established in the GHG RFO Protocol submit one or more offers to sell allowances and/or offset credits if registered with or pending registration with CARB, as defined by and pursuant to the Cap-and-Trade Regulations.
All times are in Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT)
|PG&E issues GHG RFO||February 1, 2012|
|Deadline to submit questions for the Participants’ Webinar to PG&E via email to GHGRFO@pge.com||February 8, 2012, 5:00 P.M. PPT|
|Deadline to submit registration for Participants’ Webinar||February 10, 2012, 5:00 P.M. PPT|
|Participants’ Webinar||February 15, 2012|
|Deadline for Participants to submit completed Offer(s). Offers may be submitted any time after March 1, 2012, but will not be evaluated until after the Deadline.||March 8, 2012, 1:00 P.M. PPT|
|PG&E notifies Shortlisted Participants and requests Shortlist Deposit||May 15, 2012|
|Shortlisted Participants notify PG&E whether they accept shortlist position from PG&E and post Shortlist Deposit||May 29, 2012, 5:00 P.M. PPT|
|Target timeframe for execution of Agreements||June 15, 2012 and ongoing|
PG&E hosted a Participants' Webinar on February 15, 2012. The Webinar materials are available below:
To listen to the Webinar, you will need to open the audio file's URL from your media player.
Participants may submit multiple offers by providing one Offer Form per offer. When submitting offers, please limit the size of emails to 10 MB (inclusive of attachments). If submitting multiple emails for an offer, please clearly identify the submission by using the convention in the email subject header "Bid ID XXXXXXX 1 of X". The BID ID for an offer may be found on the completed Offer Form. For complete and detailed information about the offer submission process, see the RFO Protocol.
GHG RFO Protocol, Purchase Agreements, and Related Information
- RFO Protocol (DOC, 123 KB)
- Appendix A - Offer Form (2.XLS, 1 MB) - Updated 02/21/2012
- Appendix B - Offer Agreement (DOC, 44 KB)
- Appendix C - RFO Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 56 KB)
- Appendix D – Master Purchase and Sale Agreement (DOC, 172 KB)
- Appendix E - Allowance Confirmation (DOC, 40 KB)
- Appendix F - Offset Credit Confirmation (DOC, 82 KB)
- Appendix G - Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (DOC, 103 KB)
- Appendix H - Credit and Finance Information (DOC, 38 KB)
- Appendix I - Offset Credit Project Information (DOC, 55 KB)
- Appendix J - Request for Taxpayer ID (PDF, 214 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- General Program Questions (PDF, 318 KB) - New 02/17/2012
- How to create a GIS file using Google Earth (DOC, 375 KB)
CARB Reference Materials
- Cap-and-Trade regulation (PDF, 875 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol Livestock Projects (PDF, 447 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol Ozone Depleting Substances Projects (PDF, 452 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol Urban Forest Projects (PDF, 398 KB)
- Compliance Offset Protocol U.S. Forest Projects (S. FOREST PROJECTS.PDF, 1.1 MB)
- CARB Cap and Trade Website
For information or questions about PG&E's GHG RFO, email: GHGRFO@pge.com.