PG&E Statement On Support For City Of San Bruno Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) today issued the following statement regarding ongoing discussions with the City of San Bruno.
Release Date: February 15, 2012
Contact: PG&E External Communications (415) 973-5930
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – PG&E has been discussing in good faith a financial settlement with City of San Bruno leaders over the tragic 2010 accident. PG&E remains firmly committed to continuing those discussions with city leaders, and believes PG&E and city leaders are aligned in the mutual goal of achieving a positive resolution for both the city and its residents.
In fact, PG&E leaders had discussions Tuesday and today with San Bruno city leaders, and plan to meet Friday to continue discussions. PG&E is ready to continue meeting with the city as frequently as its city leaders would like, whenever they would like, to help the city and its residents move through and speed up the recovery process.
PG&E previously announced it established a $70 million trust for the City of San Bruno and a $100 million Rebuild San Bruno Fund. The discussions that have been and are taking place are above and beyond those financial commitments.
As we have said all along, our pledge is to do the right thing, in every area of our response, to help the city and its residents recover from this terrible tragedy. That pledge is as unwavering as ever, and we are hopeful we can work in a timely manner with San Bruno officials to reach a successful resolution.
"The residents and the City of San Bruno have been through so much," said PG&E senior vice president Greg Pruett. "We are committed to doing everything we can every day to support and stand by the City of San Bruno and its community."