Manufactured Gas Plants
Former Potrero Power Plant, San Francisco
Former Potrero Power Plant | Site Overview | Cleanup Areas & Recent Activities | FAQ | Archive
PG&E is committed to addressing environmental impacts from our historical operations. As part of this commitment, we are conducting investigation and remediation work at the site of the former Potrero Power Plant and a portion of the adjacent Pier 70 property. PG&E is voluntarily cleaning up potential impacts from a former Manufactured Gas Plant (MGP) that operated on the property from the 1870s to the 1930s, as well as impacts from our former operation of the Potrero Power Plant.
PG&E is conducting this work in collaboration with the Port of San Francisco and other stakeholder groups, under the oversight of the San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Board (Water Board) and a number of local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
Recent Site Updates:
- PG&E Holding Open House to Present Offshore Sediment Investigation Findings
- Remediation Pilot Test in Northeast Area Next Spring
- Remediation Activities for Switchyard Completed
- Remediation Activities for Hoe Down Yard Completed
- September 2013 Progress Update (PDF, 796 KB)
- June 2013 Progress Update (PDF, 397 KB)
- Archives Page
- Water Board Resources & Contact Information
For more information, please contact the PG&E Environmental Remediation Information and Response Line at 1-866-247-0581 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.