Community Guidelines for Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E) Social Media Properties
These pages (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other PG&E-owned properties) are intended to be a useful exchange of information related to PG&E and PG&E programs and services. As such, we encourage any and all questions and commentary, including criticism.
We reserve the right to block individuals from posting to our page(s) or channels if the individual(s) violates this policy.
Rules of Engagement: We ask, however, that when you provide feedback or ask questions that you do so in a civil and respectful manner and that you abide by the Facebook posting guidelines which prohibit, among other things, "personal attack"(s). For Twitter and YouTube, please see additional PG&E guidelines below.
Page Moderation: Please be advised that members of the community who post inflammatory, negative and/or disruptive messages that violate the PG&E guidelines below will have their posts removed and they will be subject to removal/banned from the page or channel.
Banning: If a member of the PG&E Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube community is flagged for non-compliance, s/he may be banned from the page.
In addition to conforming to the Facebook guidelines for community participation, PG&E will, at the moderator´s discretion, remove any posts and/or comments by users of the page that are determined to:
- contain spam
- contain solicitations or advertisements or non-PG&E marketing content
- contain harassing, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene, racist, sexist, discriminatory or hateful content
- contain deceptive, misleading, potentially harmful or factually unsupported content
- contain links not authorized and/or approved by PG&E
- promote meetings, petitions, organizations or causes not officially sponsored or recognized by PG&E
- be "off-topic" and/or unrelated to the original post made by either PG&E or a member of the community
- contain private, personal or sensitive information about individuals (i.e. account information)
- encourage illegal action
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of hyperlinks or the information, products or services contained therein does not constitute endorsement by PG&E. PG&E does not exercise any editorial control over the information found at these locations. The opinions expressed in posts by users on this site do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of PG&E or any of its affiliates.
Facebook Terms of Service
Facebook terms of service also apply to all activity in Facebook
YouTube Community Guidelines also apply to all activity in YouTube
Twitter Rules also apply to all activity in Twitter
Instagram Community Guidelines also apply to all activity on Instagram
All content and information you post on our page(s) may not infringe on a copyright or other proprietary right. Any copyright infringement is the sole responsibility of the poster.