Pacific Gas and Electric Company promotes diversity as a valued resource. We define Diversity and Inclusion as:
Diversity is characterized by all the ways in which we are different. It is present in our job functions, work styles, experiences and ideas. Diversity cultivates new perspectives and innovation, which enable us to exceed the expectations of our customers, employees and shareholders.
Inclusion at PG&E is the process of leveraging the power of our employees’ individual uniqueness to achieve our business strategies and goals, be better corporate citizens, and be the best in the industry.
Here are just a few examples of how PG&E is creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce:
- We offer Diversity and Inclusion Leadership workshops and learning.
- Annually, PG&E recognizes outstanding achievements in the areas of diversity and inclusion through the President’s Diversity Champion Awards.
- PG&E supports organizations like the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Society of Women Engineers, the National Society of Black Engineers, and Out & Equal through collaborations and sponsorship of key events.
- We have a long history of recognizing the resources we have in our Employee Resources Groups.
- Our ten Employee Resources Groups and one affinity group play a vital role in the company’s overall business success. They assist in welcoming and mentoring new employees; provide professional and career workshops, social networking events and community support.
- PG&E's Employee Resources Groups annually sponsor multi-event celebrations throughout our service territory in Northern and Central California to showcase our commitment to diversity. These are opportunities for all employees to share their diverse experiences and backgrounds. Participation of company officers, entertainment, and great food are featured with the goal of increasing employee awareness and understanding the value of diversity for our business.
- We act with integrity and communicate honestly and openly
- We are passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and delivering for our shareholders
- We are accountable for all of our own actions: these include safety, protecting the environment, and supporting our communities
- We work together as a team and are committed to excellence and innovation
- We respect each other and celebrate our diversity
Any business is only as strong as the people who comprise it and our efforts are focused on providing an environment where all our employees are poised for growth and excellence.
Learn more about careers at PG&E.